Timflyte

Mike and his guitars.

Thank you Dan....I knew someone could help.  This is the sort of thing I've been waiting for , for years .  I was hoping for a coffee table book on their collection.  This is the next best thing.

I just finished watching it.  Yes very good.  I was surprised to see it's from 2012 !!!! How could I had missed it ?

But Mike is so good hear .  It was great to see his studio too.

3 hours ago, Timflyte said:

I was surprised to see it's from 2012 !!!! How could I had missed it ?

Could be because, at the time the series was a HCC exclusive and generally not available outside of the pay wall? (Surprisingly it didn't leak much and wasn't officially released at the time, which, for all HCC members was good news, since other exclusives of that club never stayed exclusive long.) 

Thanks for the link! Just finished watching. What a great documentary, loved every minute of it. the Show kept me from working, but that was well worth it. Mike is one of the very best guitar players out there, as Tom was one of the best songwriters. It is so sad, we won't hear any new stuff by this perfect matching duo. Makes me think about how many songs will forever be unwritten.

That was nice of him to acknowledge that it was your money that allowed him to buy all of his guitars (especially that 1959 Les Paul;)).

His home is beautiful.  Love that park-like setting, and I love his animals.

12 hours ago, Marion said:

And another cool fact is the song that closes each segment is called Little Irish Girl, a Mike Campbell original. He played it in The Dirty Knobs.  It's a beautiful song. 

Thanks Marion, I was wondering what it was as I was quite taken by it on the video. Added bonus that I'm Irish too! ☺

I'm ok with them pulling it. As much as I love it, I think that thing should either keep being the HCC exclusive that it was, or be officially released on dvd asap, to raise some funds for tazzyfund if nothing else..

Glad I was able to watch it. It gave me, as videos like this usually do, a whole new appreciation and respect for musicians.

The thought did cross my mind yesterday to download and save it to my TP thumb-drive, but I didn't do it.

54 minutes ago, Shelter said:

I'm ok with them pulling it. As much as I love it, I think that thing should either keep being the HCC exclusive that it was, or be officially released on dvd asap, to raise some funds for tazzyfund if nothing else..

Yeah would be awesome if they put it out officially and raised money for doggies that way. I would buy immediately :)