Sign in to follow this  
pappasnick24

The Knobs @ Imperial Ball (with Tom Petty Tribute!!)

1 hour ago, pappasnick24 said:

Hey Guys,

For some reason I noticed the Something Good Coming Video randomly starts towards the end.  Make sure you rewind all the way to the top to catch Mike's intro!

I fixed it, thanks

Instant tears... Oh gosh. 
Thanks for posting. :(

EDIT: 
I feel like it would have been difficult (emotionally) for Mike to sing for Tom, but it is such a special tribute, I'm sure it was cathartic. 
A couple of my TP facebook friends were in attendance and absolutely loved it. <3

Thanks for the review!  Great job!!  I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house with that tribute.  Thanks for the videos.  :)  I love it!  And here I was worried about Mike getting asked to play Heartbreaker songs.  :wub:  What a great tribute and a class act!  Love my Knobs!! 

20 hours ago, pappasnick24 said:

but just wanted to say how AMAZING Mike & the Knobs were last night at the imperial ball.  

Thanks for sharing. Two very powerful performances, nice juxtaposition of the tender Something Good Coming with the realization, Running Down A Dream. The latter had a really good garage band feel to it.

cheers

Something good coming was an inspired choice for a tribute by Mike to Tom. The lyrics really resonated and the way Mike delivered them spoke of a long deep bond of love and respect between two music brothers. Great to see Mike up on stage again, I'm sure it's a help in the healing process. 

Listening to “Something Good Coming” this morning I was so touched by the crowd remaining so silent during that song and I can imagine their faces shining with love and tears as they took it in. It must have been incredibly emotional. I don’t know how Mike got through it but he never cracked. I would have been crying my eyes out!

I am late to comment... but this tribute literally melted my heart, and has been melting my heart for days as I kept on re-listening..

I wish I could be there. Just from listening to recorded mp3 and videos, it was perfect. it did sound like Mike's voice was cracking with emotion on some verses, and during that little speech before.. but it must have been cathartic.. if difficult. It's so loving. and beautiful.

I love Mike. I want the healing to continue for him <3