Marion

My Husband

I think I mentioned this in another thread but I wanted to let you guys know that my husband, Pete had to have a double bypass surgery this past Friday.  It was pretty scary and recovery is tough but he is going to be okay.  

So, I will be in and out here and if I’m slow to answer you I’m probably busy with him.  And believe me, none of you will be bothering me as I need will need the destraction sometimes!   

Thanks, everyone!  Pete is doing well.  They say he may get to come home on Friday!  Nurk, I'm so glad you are feeling good!  Pete has been sick for about a year and we didn't know what was wrong until last week so hopefully as he recovers he will start feeling better and better! 

Pete's gonna be fine, just follow orders and set up a place for him to lie down that is close to the bathroom and has a TV when he gets home. Thankfully he won't have to go up and down stairs like I did. The WD had to take a 3 month leave from work when I got out of the hospital to take care of me, I was in pretty bad shape. I spent the 1st 12 days after the operation in a coma in ICU before they moved me to another section for a week before going to 6th floor heart care recovery room. Doctors like to say you'll be fine in about 3 months, but it took me a year to feel good, you have good and bad months, it takes a lot of time to get over this kind of operation. So, be patient and let nature take its course. Tell Pete I'm thinking of him and the good times ahead.

Marion, I'm so glad your husband is on the road to recovery.   I know what it is like...from your perspective,   About a year and a half ago, my husband started feeling increasingly ill. In May, of 2016, he was hospitalized for one month (at a local hospital) before being transferred to Northwestern Hospital in Chicago. They are miracle workers!  My husband had open heart  bypass  and an aortic heart valve replacement.  He was back to  work  4 months later, on October 1st. 

^  I had my surgery in Youngstown, Ohio by Dr. Henn, there was NO time to go to Cleveland Clinic or anywhere else. Dr Henn was about 5 foot 6 inches tall and looked like he was 15 years old, but he did the job and I'm still here!!!! I can't thank my surgeon, heart doctor and lung doctor enough. I visit them all the time and now we actually have a laugh over it. I don't think I'd ever go through it again, but you never know. Only time will tell.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone!  Pete came home last night!  He is doing very well.  We just took a walk down to the end of the driveway and back to pick up the mail.  Nurk, you remember how far that was?  He is going to be alright, I feel it in my heart. 

Nurk, you really were in bad shape.  I am happy you are still with us.  Man, that is scary. 

Nel, I'm glad your husband bounced back so quickly!  That is wonderful! 

On 15/01/2018 at 7:50 PM, Marion said:

I think I mentioned this in another thread but I wanted to let you guys know that my husband, Pete had to have a double bypass surgery this past Friday.  It was pretty scary and recovery is tough but he is going to be okay.  

So, I will be in and out here and if I’m slow to answer you I’m probably busy with him.  And believe me, none of you will be bothering me as I need will need the destraction sometimes!   

All the best to you and Pete. Hope he recovers soon.

Getting up and moving soon after heart surgery is pretty important in preventing blood clots. It also strongly contributes to a quick recovery.    So glad your husband"s recovery is progressing nicely, Marion.