Sign in to follow this  
Sweet Pandora

Still listening to only Tom Petty music daily

thanks for sharing Sweet Pandora-  my alarm clock is hooked up to a very old classic ipod.  Every morning I wake up to Tom's music.  It was a little hard to listen to him after his unexpected passing.  I agree that loosing Tom has been somewhat devastating. I saw him about 10x over the last 30 years and consider myself a big music fan.  I remember the day Elvis died even though I was only 8 or so at the time.  I cant think of a single musician that has affected me like losing Tom has.  I was a huge Stevie Ray Vaughan fan and even his death (sadly I never saw him live) didnt him me like this.   

There should have been so much more....   

I'm the opposite. I haven't been able to listen to anything on a regular basis. 
I listened to a few of the key tracks that I love a day or two after he passed, but I haven't been able to listen since. 
I heard Refugee on the radio one day. I tried to get into it, but just ended up sobbing. 

Hopefully someday I can enjoy it again as a fan and just listen casually. 

Welcome Sweet Pandora, and thank you for sharing. I have been a fan for as long as you have.

For a while after Tom's death, I couldn't listen to any TPATH music. Now I find myself listening almost daily and fighting back the tears. As I've posted elsewhere on the Farm, I don't think I'l ever get over it, but of course I have to live with it.

Hang in there; you are not alone.