Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

2017 - Good or Bad?

Not very good, lost my younger cousin Al to cancer, then lost my younger cousin Mary Lou to cancer and then her older sister JoAnn to cancer. And finally we all lost Tom Petty. 2017 is not a year that I would put on top of my list for good years. If that's not enough, we got a new President that will never be "My President", so where do I go from here? On the up side, I have my family and friends and that is most important at this time. I'm so glad I took my family to see Tom Petty on his 40th Anniversary Tour, that is the highlight of 2017 for me. Now I wonder what 2018 will bring, hopefully more happy times.

2 hours ago, Nel said:

Yes, personally, it was good. However, I have felt more anxiety this year than in past years.  

Hm.. yeah, anyone with a sense for the big picture is bound to be anxiety ridden at this point. Sorry to hear it.

I've had better years. This year was full of lots of ups and downs. My sister has been real sick and ended up in the hospital a couple of times. My husband is having some heart issues and had to have a surgery and  he is still trying to bounce back. He is just not doing well but the doctors insist it takes time so we are trying to be patient. 

On the good side, we went on a fantastic road trip this year driving backroads up the east coast all away into Maine!  It was a beautiful trip.   And, I was blessed with a gift to see Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers play one last time at the Hollywood Bowl.  

My heart was broken this year when we lost Tom.  💔  

As 2018 dawns here in Philly, it's TP+1 as in the first year of forever without Tom Petty walking this earth. A sadness, an emptiness and still in a state of shock at his sudden passing. So I have to say that between the loss of Tom and what's been going on in our country, 2017 was a bummer of a year. That said, we have all those great concerts to listen to and all of the episodes of Buried Treasure as well! So even though Tom has passed away, he is still all around us. Let's hope for some peace and love in 2018.

Happy New Year.gif

18 hours ago, WildflowerNJ said:

My husband, Fred, lost his fight against cancer. 

Oh, Beth, I'm so sorry. 

I wish I could do or say something to help.  My heart breaks for you. 

22 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

IDK I think 2017 kinda sucked.  I was reflecting with my wife that this time last year I was looking at Petty Tix for Boston and CT...  :(  what a difference a year makes. 

I know.  Very different. 

I don't think any of us thought, last year, that we would be seeing Tom for the last time. 

Beth, I'm so sorry about Fred. I had no idea either.

Regarding 2017, I've had better years and I've had worse years. Like many of you, I am still in shock at the loss of Tom. I honestly don't think I'll ever get over it, although I have no choice but to live with it.

2017 has sucked for me, lost my father to a massive stroke about 6 months ago. Mother in law (91) Broke her arm in a fall, causing her to be hospitalized, while there my wife finds out that Tom had died. And now Wife and I are basically home bound taking care of her. Thank goodness for computers and working from home. 

Edited by Mike_1964
incomplete post

On December 29, 2017 at 5:10 AM, Marion said:

My husband is having some heart issues and had to have a surgery and  he is still trying to bounce back. He is just not doing well but the doctors insist it takes time so we are trying to be patient. 

I hope he has a full recovery!

On December 31, 2017 at 4:50 PM, WildflowerNJ said:

My husband, Fred, lost his fight against cancer. 

I'm sorry to hear this. Please take care.