NolaDeej

Wildflowers (all the rest) tracks?

8 hours ago, Arete411 said:

Good article that unifies a lot of anecdotes you may have already read elsewhere: The Raw Roots of Wildflowers, Revealed at Last. (If you run into the New York Times’s paywall, try opening it in an incognito window: that worked for me.)

Thanks for the link.

cheers

On 10/16/2020 at 2:18 PM, livin´thing68 said:
Yes, Crawling Back To You (Home Recording) is really amazing. I like it at least as much as the original.

That, "There's a Break in the Rain (Have Love Will Travel) are so far my favorites of the home recordings

I love how "There's A Break In The Rain" has lyrics that eventually made their way into "You Don't Know How It Feels", then followed immediately by lyrics that made up the chorus of "Have Love Will Travel".  

Words and phrases were like Lego blocks for Tom.  He took them apart and put them together in different ways to make the best songs he could.

I cant believe how good the Home Recordings are, its like having a whole new TP album. I always enjoyed the odd acoustic tracks at the gigs over the years but this is the album Tom never made and I love it.

It's only taken 26 years, but mine are out for delivery today!  I'm going to avoid reading reviews and reactions to the box set for now and experience it for the first time on my own.  I already have the Hi-rez files that came with the box downloaded but decided to wait and listen to them while going through the book and extras.

Yeah, I couldn't wait.  I've listened through all of the songs a couple of times via the HD download,  and some of them several times.  I'll go through all of it again with headphones next.  Then when the 5 CD package gets here, I'll do it again while reading through the book.  This set is so good.  It's unreal that songs this good have been sitting on a shelf all these years. Wow.

I seem to keep getting errors trying to post on this thread but Tom Petty official is doing a special airing of  400 days on FB live.   Anyone know of a sharable copy for this as I have not seen it?

15 hours ago, downsouth26 said:

It's only taken 26 years, but mine are out for delivery today!  I'm going to avoid reading reviews and reactions to the box set for now and experience it for the first time on my own.  I already have the Hi-rez files that came with the box downloaded but decided to wait and listen to them while going through the book and extras.

......and UPS couldn't make their guaranteed delivery date.  Paid for 2nd Day Air, too.  Oh well.  What's waiting another day to me after Tom spent years trying to release it?  It'll be worth it.

Something Could Happen could be the best of the ATR songs I've heard, the verses are powerful and stir one's emotions, there's a faint familiarity there and yet sounds unique. The chorus is the weakest part relative to the powerful verses but that may change in time the way songs grow on you in time. The astronaut riding the escalator in a mall is the perfect image to accompany this tune.

cheers