NolaDeej

Wildflowers (all the rest) tracks?

Anyone listen to the Rick Rubin special on TPR last night? Have not heard too much about the special but it seems like there will be a few of these shows. 

I'm avoiding unboxing videos and new tracks until 10/16. I've waited this long and want to hear things properly for the first time.

I don't have Sirius XM but I thought I read that another song from the upcoming "All The Rest" was going to be played?  Not sure about that, but I expect if there was another new song, it will be on YouTube and other streaming media sites after 24 hours.

1 hour ago, Hoodoo Man said:

I'm avoiding unboxing videos and new tracks until 10/16. I've waited this long and want to hear things properly for the first time.

That's a good decision. This close to the much heralded release why settle for listening to radio broadcasts or watching youtube videos when you can settle in with the record or cd or giant sack of vinyl and comfortably listen to it at your own speed and in good quality? You can only have one new listening experience with ATR why not be patient and really enjoy it when the time comes (pun intended).

cheers

2 hours ago, TomFest said:

I don't have Sirius XM but I thought I read that another song from the upcoming "All The Rest" was going to be played?  Not sure about that, but I expect if there was another new song, it will be on YouTube and other streaming media sites after 24 hours.

yeah, another track is coming out Wed on Sirius and then should be out on streamers on Friday or so...  seems like a lot of pre-release tracks to me, too many at this point so I want to avoid spoilers as much as I can going forward. Its been a dream for 5 years or so and its too close to be getting bits and pieces so close to the release date...  

I need something to look forward to these days. ;) 

I just read that the show with Rick Rubin was a repeat from 2017, so I guess there wouldn't be any spoilers in that show.  But I didn't hear the actual show, so?

But I am gobbling this stuff up as fast as they're releasing it.  And I can't stop listening to that TP Radio show that Ryan Ulyate did.  I have played that a dozen times.  I love that stuff with Tom just making up lyrics on the fly.  Those songs would be longer if he could have thought up a 2nd verse! 

9 minutes ago, Hoodoo Man said:

Its been a dream for 5 years or so and its too close to be getting bits and pieces so close to the release date...  

Makes sense. I was so happy when I threw in HE on the car cd-player for the first time and aside from the brief snippet of a trailer for the record hadn't heard any of it. I love that first time listening to a record, not knowing what's coming up next. It only happens once so why ruin it for yourself. I don't get it either, at this point, people are either in on this record or not, especially when the songs thus far are all of the same caliber and emotion. People aren't purchasing this for more Honey Bees right? But more for the melancholy, in my opinion anyway.

It's not like after Angela and Confusion Wheel, now with a third song they're going to be swung towards buying it. So why not just wait and let people enjoy it. Of course, one doesn't have to listen to it but it can be tempting for some.

You and others waited half-a-decade for this, what's another couple weeks?

cheers

one more week!!!  So looking forward to this. Wonder when my physical CDs will arrive in MA.  Looking forward to reading the liner notes book for this one for sure! I will definately be listening to this on my phone come next week!! 

I haven't decided what order I'm going to listen to everything.  I ordered 2 packages (3 LP & 5 CD), so I guess whichever one shows up first.  If both arrive together, I'm thinking I should do the 3 LP set.  I've never listened to Wildflowers on vinyl.   

Of course the original vinyl was cut from the digital files, same as the CD.  But now the 15 tracks making up Wildflowers on vinyl will be all analog.  Should be a little different listening experience.

I got my shipping notice and UPS tracking number from tompetty.com. So close...

By the way, this week TPR has been playing the new tracks, including the live performances and alt takes that are included in the box set. If you’re waiting for the whole album experience, avoid TPR for a few days. Me, I’m fine with hearing them now.

In Germany I can only order the 7LP set.  
And then unfortunately only at the price that the 9 LP set actually costs, namely 249 €.  
Very annoying. The five CD set is not available either, you can only order the 4 CD set. But I will order both today.  
7 LP and 4 CD set, ultimately nothing is too expensive for me for Tom. 

7 hours ago, TomFest said:

I haven't received any shipping notices either.  I guess they aren't going by when you ordered it, because I jumped on it pretty quickly.  Many people have received shipping notices and some have received the records.

I don’t know if there is much rhyme or reason to how these orders are being fulfilled. I ordered two of the Ultras within seconds of the site going live, and my tracking shows that it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

between TPN on FB and the Hoffman forum I'm getting jealous of the folks that have this in hand!  Gonna sit in this thread for a minute and enjoy the quite. ;)  Hope you all get yours soon too! :D   those ultra deluxe LP sets look gorgeous! 

Also word of warning for those not on Hoff if you order the LP there may be a light glue holding the book into the set. Make sure you remove all the LPs before trying to get it out as its somewhat tricky to do so. I'd imagine this goes for the non deluxe 9 lp set too. 

I read that these albums( minus the fifth disc) will hit streaming services sometime tonight so even if you don't get the download codes from TP.com Apple music and spotify should have them.

Enjoy all the rest! :D I know I will be! 

17 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I hope it gets there tomorrow for you! 

cheers

thanks MJ2LD!  I am now the proud owner of a tracking number for a package that will someday be given to UPS. LOL.  At least I have a tracking number, so at some point this will arrive at my home. Heading off for a long weekend in Maine tomorrow morning so I'm planning on a digital experience at this point but the images I have seen so far make it look like a very nice package!  I rarely get physical media anymore but this is one I will be keeping forever. :D   I think this and the DK album are my only hard copies ordered or purchased since March when the pandemic started...