NolaDeej

Wildflowers (all the rest) tracks?

31 minutes ago, RedfordCowboy said:

Oh, and BTW, whatever happened to Lonesome Dave?!? (Used to play in a rock and roll band).
Was this tune from the Greatest Hits sessions?

Yes! Part of the Greatest Hits sessions, and even explained that way in the American Treasure booklet, so I was always confused why they labeled it from Wildflowers. Maybe they were just thinking contemporaneously in terms of albums being recorded at the time? But it definitely wasn't for Wildflowers since it was a full-on Heartbreakers session that was commissioned by MCA for Greatest Hits.

40 minutes ago, RedfordCowboy said:

So no digital downloads are included with any of the tiers?

When I ordered the 5 CD set I got digital downloads for "Wildflowers" and "There Goes Angela" via email immediately! Had the option to download in flac, wav, mp3.

I also ordered the 5 CD set.  I may still do the 9 LP version too.  I don't play a ton of vinyl any more, but I have on occasion still purchased new vinyl recently.  I'll probably also download the high-res version when it becomes available.  What is wrong with me?

2 hours ago, nurktwin said:

^      Tomfest, by the time you buy all those, you'd be 1/2 way there to purchase a new RIC!!!!!!!!!! J/K.... have fun.

I would like the extra book with Tom's handwritten lyrics reproduced.  The $500 9 LP "direct to consumer" version is the only way to get that, and I can't really justify that purchase.  But I think I will add the 3 LP version just have some vinyl to spin.  I never have owned the Wildflowers LP.  I suppose when they offer the high-res download I'll get that also.  What the heck.

The Ric 12-string that I want is on another level of asking forgiveness.  Plus we're in the middle of a bathroom and kitchen remodel, and you can imagine what that costs. 

5 hours ago, nurktwin said:

Same.  I want all the music and that looks to be the best deal.  It would be nice to have all of Tom's handwritten lyrics but the 4 copies that come with the 5 disc version will be loved by me.  They will go nicely side by side with the handwritten lyric reproductions from my American Treasure box set.  A bit bummed it doesn't include a DVD of a show ::coughcoughChicago1995coughcough:: 

Other than that, the track listing looks wonderful.  It will be interesting to see when and where each of the live tracks come from.

It's been a long time coming and I am so happy that the day is finally here, yet I feel sad that Tom isn't here to see this and enjoy a project he put 25 years of his life into.  The set looks like it has been put together with the same love and care as An American Treasure.... That is my first impression/hope at least.  Can't wait to finally have this in my hands.

Plus, I just got the Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Collectors Edition and that will leave your wallet so light it could float away.....

11 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

I wonder if we finally get a studio version of Driving down to Georgia...  been waiting for that since I heard it live... 

5 hours ago, downsouth26 said:

4 copies that come with the 5 disc version will be loved by me.  They will go nicely side by side with the handwritten lyric reproductions from my American Treasure box set.  A bit bummed it doesn't include a DVD of a show ::coughcoughChicago1995coughcough:: 

I'm glad for everyone who has waited for years for this release, especially when it seemed imminent back in 2015(?) that it's finally happening; I hope whatever purchase you make gives you joy.

For me, no Tenchtyme, no deal.

cheers

1 hour ago, Arete411 said:

On a different site Ryan Ulyate acknowledged that Walls didn’t strictly meet the criteria but fit  so well into the live track list that they felt compelled to include it. 

I'm happy with it. Think it's one of his best songs.