NolaDeej

Wildflowers (all the rest) tracks?

On 12/27/2017 at 2:25 PM, livin´thing68 said:

Wildflowers (all the rest) Tracklist  ?

Cabin Down Below (alternative version)
Only A Broken Heart (alternative version)
Girl On LSD
... these are the songs that were released as single B pages at that time.

Supernatural Radio (original)
Climb That Hill (original)
Hope You Never
California
Hung Up And Overdue
... these are the outfakes of wildflowers that were then used for "She's the One".

And then we still have the outtakes that have not yet been released, except for "Somewhere Under Heaven":

Wake up Time (alternative take)
Time to Move On (alternative take)
Leave Virginia Alone (Rod Stewart, released 1995)
Confusion Wheel
Something Could Happen
Lonesome Dave
Somewhere Under Heaven
U Get Me High (original version)

A dream comes true      Hopefully !

so is "Dream away"  "A Dream come true" or is there more out there than we know?? 

Don't know where this observation would be best placed, so I'll add it here. We know WF is a very personal and introspective album. I just realized that the concept of dreams and dreaming were a BIG theme in Tom's writing during this time (1992-1996). Never really noticed it before until a simple lyric from the new song struck me, and I started thinking about it (Have a dream on me). This idea of dreaming or desperately wanting something better in life. To hope for, happen, to manifest, to be in a better (different) place...

- Wildflowers - the entire song is wistful and wishing (dreaming) for someone to be in a place where they feel free.

- Good to be King - A long dream or daydream. "Excuse me if I have someplace in my mind, where I go time to time..."

- There Goes Angela (Dream Away) - Feels so weird typing out the title of a new TP song!! "Have a dream on me."

-YDKHIF - "I woke up in between a memory and a dream."

- Dreams of Flying - apparently from 1994...See chorus

- Hung Up and Overdue - We're overdue for a dream come true..."

- Angel Dream - "I dreamed you..."

- Wake up Time - "You follow your feelings, you follow your dreams..." Perhaps it was time to wake up from a certain dream and walk into another....

Maybe this was intentional, or maybe a lot of was coming to him subconsciously. Just wanted to share!

Here's something interesting. I downloaded There Goes Angela and checked the info.

Sorry for the Swedish but let's look at two interesting thing and let me know what you make out of it:

Recording year 2018: 

Guess it was mastered/transfered then. So this track has been laying around for two years?

Title: "26. Home Recordings". Could it be track # 26? That would be a dream. A box or double disc with at least 26 home recordings for Wildflowers?

Skärmavbild 2020-08-11 kl. 23.49.41.png

Skärmavbild 2020-08-14 kl. 23.06.48.png

8 hours ago, livin´thing68 said:

On Thursday there is reportedly a pre-announcement on Sirius XM Tom Petty Radio for „all the rest“. Has anyone heard or read anything about it?  I am very excited.😍

Hadn't heard anything about this yet.  Hope it's true!  Thanks for the heads up.

12 hours ago, livin´thing68 said:

On Thursday there is reportedly a pre-announcement on Sirius XM Tom Petty Radio for „all the rest“. Has anyone heard or read anything about it?  I am very excited.😍

I heard there was an announcement coming thursday but it was unclear that it was for ATR.  Seems likely as the last two tracks were from that project. I just hope its not the music video for the last song and its an announcement for the project release. :) 

17 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

I heard there was an announcement coming thursday but it was unclear that it was for ATR.  Seems likely as the last two tracks were from that project. I just hope its not the music video for the last song and its an announcement for the project release. :) 

That’s right, the video about „There goes Angela“ is still missing. There was also one for YDKHIF. However, I find it very difficult to imagine that a video would be presented on Tom Petty Radio. 😆

1 hour ago, livin´thing68 said:

However, I find it very difficult to imagine that a video would be presented on Tom Petty Radio. 😆

Why not? They can just tell us what they're watching on the video. "It's a sunny day, lots of clouds. Tom's there with his guitar and he's wearing a hat and strumming...."

cheers

just in time for Tom's Bday!   This is wonderful news!  I won't be dropping 499.00 on the deluxe LP set though! 🤪  I looked on my phone earlier and could not find a track list still... .

The 5 CD super-deluxe edition of Wildflowers contains 70 tracks, 9 unreleased songs, and 34 unreleased versions. In addition to the 15 track original album (remastered on 2 LPs), the deluxe edition contains the album All The Rest (10 songs from the original Wildflowers sessions), a disc of 15 solo demos recorded by Petty at his home studio, and an additional disc of 14 live versions of Wildflowers songs recorded from 1995 – 2017. Exclusive to the super-deluxe, this edition also includes a CD of 16 alternate versions recorded in the studio (“Finding Wildflowers”). The super-deluxe packaging includes an 80-page hardbound book, an introduction by Rick Rubin (the original producer), an essay by David Fricke, a complete track-by-track, and rare photos and specially commissioned illustrations. Additionally, this edition includes an exclusive lithograph, a replica of the 1995 “Dogs With Wings” tour program, the Wildflowers logo as a cloth patch and a sticker, reproductions of Tom’s handwritten lyrics of four songs, and a numbered certificate of authenticity.