NolaDeej

Wildflowers (all the rest) tracks?

From what I was reading it sounded like they were going to do a tour to support the release of the Wildflowers double album. I read they had planned to do the album from start to finish in concert. That's what I was really looking forward to :(

6 hours ago, Kim said:

From what I was reading it sounded like they were going to do a tour to support the release of the Wildflowers double album. I read they had planned to do the album from start to finish in concert. That's what I was really looking forward to :(

I was under the impression that was off the table and to make up for it, they played extra Wildflowers songs in the last tour. 
5/19 songs played at Cincinnati were from Wildflowers. There were three back to back in the middle.  

On January 6, 2018 at 1:52 PM, Liberty said:

I was under the impression that was off the table and to make up for it, they played extra Wildflowers songs in the last tour. 
5/19 songs played at Cincinnati were from Wildflowers. There were three back to back in the middle. 

My take is that a Wildflowers tour got temporarily put to the side for the 40th and you're right, as a concession they played a lot of Wildflowers in the show, something like five songs, right? A quarter of the concert with that Wildflowers mini-set as you said, in the middle. 

I really think he was going to do a tour for Wildflowers, maybe not nationwide but definitely something with extra musicians and such. 

So I saw a comment online that next year will be the 25th anniversary of this album..   I'm beginning to suspect we wont see a release of this until 2019 now....  It makes sense to hold off until then and let the dust settle etc.  I really hope they offer a couple of versions of this with a deluxe box set as well as the long promised double album. 

On 1/26/2018 at 11:12 AM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

My take is that a Wildflowers tour got temporarily put to the side for the 40th ... maybe not nationwide ...

Yes, I thought after the 2014 tour they would be back to a Beacon/Fonda type Wildflowers extended album tour.  But then they did Mudcrutch and before you know it it's the 40th anniversary so probably thought it the right time for what Tom was hinting was probably the last nationwide tour.  And though I heard that 10 years earlier I think he meant it this time.

Wildflowers got some pretty nasty reviews*** back in the day. 😡 I enjoyed the Wildflowers songs way more than the F.M.F. songs on the 40th tour.  I could have done with 100% Wildflowers and no F.M.F. 😉

***http://ew.com/article/1994/11/04/music-reviews-wildflowers-and-you-got-lucky/

39 minutes ago, TPfan1000 said:

Wildflowers got some pretty nasty reviews*** back in the day. 😡 I enjoyed the Wildflowers songs way more than the F.M.F. songs on the 40th tour. 

I didn't like the record when I first heard it and it took years for some of it to grow on me. It's a great sounding album though and when I'm in the right mood I'll give it a listen but usually I just check out the songs I like from the record. This record was a huge let down after FMF and ITGWO and I still think You Don't Know How It Feels is a mediocre song; sometimes I'm in the mood for it but not really. Same with Girl on LSD which was a big hit roughly around the same time; I think that's one of the worst things Tom ever wrote.

I understand about wanting more Wildflowers on this tour; with hindsight it's sad they didn't skip the usual hits and play the album in its entirety, I think it's popular enough people would've enjoyed it. Then do a big hit extended encore. Oh well.