Sign in to follow this  
Lifeshouldbesung

Swedish radio interview with Tom Petty from 1987

Hi.

You may have heard this interview from Swedish radio from 1987 before but I hadn't, so I just thought I'd share. There's some Swedish talk but also plenty of TP talking.

It appears that Swedish National Radio re-uploaded the interview after his death - it's  called 'Möte med Tom Petty 1987' (A meeting with Tom Petty 1987).

Right-click where it says:

LADDA NER(30 min, MP3) 

to download the interview.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt/970074?programid=4918

So Lifeshouldbesung beat me to it!! Thanks for the link. Had no idea they had published it again recently. But I suppose this saves me some work transfering the tapes, the way I was just about to figure out.. :D I guess, now it's officially not that rare anymore.

Nevertheless.. it's good stuff. Perhaps an extra dimension for all of you who gets swedish :) . And it's good to see that they republished it including the music! But.. I I wonder what they cut out... since my recording is way longer, as I recall. At least an hour? Will have to check this up for sure. 

3 hours ago, Shelter said:

So Lifeshouldbesung beat me to it!! Thanks for the link. Had no idea they had published it again recently. But I suppose this saves me some work transfering the tapes, the way I was just about to figure out.. :D I guess, now it's officially not that rare anymore.

Nevertheless.. it's good stuff. Perhaps an extra dimension for all of you who gets swedish :) . And it's good to see that they republished it including the music! But.. I I wonder what they cut out... since my recording is way longer, as I recall. At least an hour? Will have to check this up for sure. 

Wow - you have a longer recording of this? So I guess maybe it's not the full interview. Yeah, please do check. Maybe they left out some interesting things :)

I just checked. The full length broadcast was about 50 minutes (SR channel 3, oct 1987). Including two more interview segments and three songs (Jammin Me, Between Two Worlds and Spike), compared to the republished stream. 

Towards the end Tom is actually heard saying something to the effect that having fans that trust your creative instinct and allow you to develop, is what it's all about... when people just want to see you play the old hits, you may as well quit. Oh, how little we all knew in 1987, hu?

Perhaps I need to find a way to transfer this, after all... I have a Cd-r here. How do I upload it where?