Sign in to follow this  
Shelter

Random Click Thread

On 4/1/2020 at 10:34 PM, Shelter said:

Although.. to be fair.. why blame the thread?

...because even in normal times it's not fun talking with people who deliberately act like contrarians & pick at stuff, I guess would be my answer there.  If I absolutely must explain my choices. 💘  

Oh.. no, but I mean this thread, that I believe I started.. it's about random clicks.. stuff you find on the Internet, preferably fun or interesting stuff, weird stuff, music stuff. Could be and used to be about anything. It is what we make it. It's not designed for serious discussions on health care, really. It's supposed to be fun. :)

Sorry you feel that way, by the way. All the best vibes to you!

On March 31, 2020 at 9:46 AM, Hoodoo Man said:

I think I am not going to comment on this aspect of the thread anymore as it really brings me down... 

14 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

it's not fun talking with people who deliberately act like contrarians & pick at stuff, I guess would be my answer there

Hello,

I understand a withdrawal from discussions on this, personally I'd rather talk music myself.

My intent was not to bring anyone down if I did nor do I raise points to be a contrarian. Regardless of the true stats of the virus my parallel concern is how quickly people can be made to change their behaviors and that a healthy skepticism towards their intent and actions is important when dealing with governmental/corporate institutions. 

On April 1, 2020 at 7:34 AM, Shelter said:

to be fair.. why blame the thread?

It was loose?

Peace, hope all of you Farmers and yours are healthy and back to the music for me and the most random of clicks here.

12 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Ahh fuck it. If this is true:

Paris bans outdoor exercise during daylight hours.

It's wrong. The cure is worse than the disease.

Peace.

Sure, because exercising indoors is worse than death.  

More stupidity; actually...it's malicious. People have the fucking right to congregate. And if they want to risk catching the virus..or oh no...be a carrier, that's their choice. They shouldn't be punished for it. On top of it, it's specious logic. Going to a service does not equate with not caring about your fellow man, nor is there some guarantee that going to the service means you'll be infecting others. What's disturbing, I mean, more disturbing than usual is the punishment for using the 1st Amendment: "...the right of the people peaceably to assemble..."

This is as bad, no, maybe even worse than the TSA which has a track record of molesting people and harassing them, all for the protection against terrorists. Of which there were few relatively speaking before September the eleventh. And now there's a giant awful organization of questionable good all because of a fear of something that may happen. I've had stewardesses tell me there's already plainclothes agents aboard most if not all flights. If that's the case, then a simple scanner would suffice.

But forget it, it seems some would gladly surrender all rights just in case of something that may not happen or could happen. What the fuck bullshit is this? 

Left or right, Democrat or Republican, this is a fucking slippery slope. And guess what, masks, hand sanitizers, wiping down each roll of toilet paper with bleach...there's no 100% protection. I know the counter argument to what I'm typing here, but there could be more than just the health of people at stake here, there could be much larger things at stake. You can't exercise outdoors in Paris. KY is going to record peoples' license plates?! The Arabs have a fable, "the camel's nose." That's what this is. I mean, I hope I'm wrong but this is an ugly...uglier look for America:

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-04-10-20/h_b4be41de7c88fcb42c5aafb4965a75e1

The state of Kentucky is taking new action to discourage individuals from participating in mass gatherings, such as church services, Gov. Andy Beshear announced Friday.

The state will be recording the license plates of those who show up to any mass gatherings and provide that information to the local health departments, who will in turn order those individuals to be quarantined for 14 days, according to Beshear.

Beshear said the state is down to less than seven churches state-wide that are still “thinking about” having an in-person service this weekend.

“Folks, we shouldn’t have to do this,” Beshear said. “I think it’s not a test of faith whether you’re going to an in-person service, it’s a test of faith that you’re willing to sacrifice to protect your fellow man, your fellow woman, your fellow Kentuckian, and your fellow American.”