Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

"Makin' Some Noise" Mudcrutch Recording from 1974

"

Danny Roberts posted this on Facebook. His comments on the track are as follows:

"This is a fun track recorded by "Mudcrutch" in 1974. It has an almost Tex-Mex feel to it and is a great, fun recording and was written by Tom Petty."

"Please excuse the places where the sound briefly sounds dull for a second. I made this from a tape of rough mixes I've been draggin' around for the last 43 years."

This is very cool, thanks.  I don't think this is the same recording that has been available for years on Mudcrutch outtake bootlegs.  This one is in a different key (G -vs- F#) although that could be because the tape speed was messed with on one or both of them.  But I think I just hear other differences in the performance.  I really like this song.  

Regarding the photo - who is the guy above Tom, and who is on the far left. I assume one is Danny Roberts.

Yeah, thanks for posting this gem! I didn't even listen at first.. since I thought I already have it. But like TomFest says, this one seems to be different. And sounds good too. Cool! (Makes you wonder what else Danny may have been keeping under his belt, all these years. I know he always said he had stuff. Perhaps/hopefully someone at the "office" could/should contact him in order to get some tapes available for a potential future official release of old Mudcrutch stuff.)

1 hour ago, TomFest said:

who is the guy above Tom

Randall?