Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

Remembering Tom Petty: Mudcrutch’s Second Encore

Very nice article and I love the pictures.  They did a boo-boo on the very first line though!  It would have been Tom's 67th birthday!

I feel bad for the guys knowing Mudcrutch will never play together again but I'm so happy for them at the same time, to get to put out 2 records with Tom and go out on 2 tours!  That is such a blessing!

14 minutes ago, SingsInFrench said:

I can't help wondering if they have enough good tracks left over to make a Mudcrutch 3. It would be such a gift if they did!

Yeah, me too..! I suppose 9 tracks in the vault is most likely enough in terms of minutes. And according to what's been said, it's quality tracks too. Question is if they are a good mix stylewise to form an album proper? And if the other guys are prepared to make that "journey" again. (Because even without a tour, releasing an album is some kinda journey). Perhaps, in time they are. Let's hope so, cause I am always eager to hear anything Mudcrutch and would feel really sad if they decide to leave it on the shelf. I would love to get those 9 tracks at some point. And perhaps there is some odd left over piece from the first sessions too. I know there are that bonus song "Special Place" for example, that are not properly released for example, so maybe some kinda of "Mudcrutch - All The Rest" is in the stars, who knows? I for one would love for at least a "Live EP Vol 2", from the last tour!