High Grass Dog

Tributes and covers from peers and writers

I know this came up recently and I sort of firmly put myself of "not a fan of the time Eddie Vedder sat in with TPHB and sang a song"   However I was a fan of Pearl Jam back in the day (rarely listen to them anymore), have a handful of their albums in my iTunes library and have a grudging respect for Eddie's feeling toward Tom.  I came across this on my FB feed and well to be honest I really freaking like it and will almost certainly rip the mp3 and put it on my phone (and most likely never listen to it but that's another story.  Its a solo and spares version and really works with the crowd digging it as well. 😢  Its probably because today is the day we started to lose Tom but this got me emotional.

Looks like Lucinda Williams will be doing a paid streaming live show tribute to Tom.  The bold part got my attention a little bit, wonder if there is something else happening aside for he announced virtual Tom Petty weekend planned in FL this weekend.... 

https://www.jambase.com/article/lucinda-williams-lus-jukebox-livestream-series-tom-petty-tribute

Verified

Say hello to the inaugural episode of Lu’s Jukebox, “Runnin’ Down a Dream: A Tribute to Tom Petty”!

Now airing on 10/29 (so as not to conflict with an upcoming event, yet to be announced), Lu and band will perform twelve @tompettyofficial songs and even one brand new, original track, written for Tom. ...You just might get some good stories too.

This is not to be missed. Grab tickets via the link in our bio!"