High Grass Dog

Tributes and covers from peers and writers

On February 2, 2018 at 10:46 AM, RedfordCowboy said:

The other day I decided to do a Podcast of my memories of Tom Petty. I wanted to share it with this community here. I wasn't sure where to put this, but this thread seemed like the best fit. Like yourself, I'm just a fan, but I felt the need to do it. It is 30 minutes long, just a heads up. If you venture to give it a listen, I hope you enjoy it....

Be inspired!

Hey Carl,

I listened to your podcast and it's quite the heartfelt tribute to the band,  from that tender moment with your girlfriend to your love for Wildflowers. I can also appreciate your retro take on technology. Good point about choosing music for yourself and that moment of doing it for the first time and how that band/artist becomes significant.

The stories you shared and the discussion of your faith were all very interesting. I'm glad you were able to watch Tom from the 2nd row. While I enjoy people's phone recordings of concerts, savoring the moment is important and I think you made the right choice that night.

It's interesting to read Tom's peers talk about TPATH but there's always something special about someone not connected to the band or industry sharing his thoughts and feelings,, just speaking from the heart. Thanks for sharing this.