High Grass Dog

Tributes and covers from peers and writers

This guy is some kinda odyssey here.. a tribute project, one song each day in 50 days. Some of them are awesome! Like this one..

Can't quite post them all here, but there are Two Gunslingers,  Scare Easy, Walls, You Got Lucky, even an electric Last DJ in there.. and today he's about 32 songs in.. trying on Magnolia.. so... go check him out why don't ya. A poor man's Jack White of sorts. With a heart so big it could crush this town? Quite possibly.

This is a really nice little piece, just out..

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/11/26/opinion/contributors/tom-petty-was-the-peoples-rock-star/

It's just the little things, in writings like these.. just when I think people have shaken this bad dream off, accepted it as reality and moved on with their lives, I stumble upon and read pieces like this one.. and there are, yet again, a tear building in the corner of my eye... the realization of how strongly this man has affected so many lives! It's not despite the everyday and ordinary dimensions of life, of grit and love, in which people seem to relate to Tom's music, it's actually precisely because of it! His truly was the soundtrack of our lives, the way people sometimes talk about mysic. With Tom it really never was just talk. It was life. I keep being reminded bout that when reading all these pieces from writers, known and unknown, in publications big and small. It lingers and lingers and always will.    

I've always liked Emmy Lou Harris, but I just didn't care much for this tribute.  I know some folks would disagree, but  I thought Chris Stapleton's voice was too harsh and grating on a song as beautiful and delicate as  "Wildflowers," 

Hey guys,

The other day I decided to do a Podcast of my memories of Tom Petty. I wanted to share it with this community here. I wasn't sure where to put this, but this thread seemed like the best fit. Like yourself, I'm just a fan, but I felt the need to do it. It is 30 minutes long, just a heads up. If you venture to give it a listen, I hope you enjoy it....

http://saint-creative.com/petty/

Be inspired!

Carl