Sign in to follow this  
MaryJanes2ndLastDance

Do you drink Coffee?

If yes, how do you take it?

a) Fancy speciality drink?

b ) with alcohol?

c) Sugar? Cream? Black?

d) Do you like it pipin' hot or on the cooler side?

e) Have you ever given up coffee?

While I like a nice dark coffee with no sugar I'm not one to turn up my nose at gas station java, or free coffee from the bank.

cheers 

Q........Yes I drink coffee in the mornings and at night if we are recording.

a........no

b........used to have it with whiskey a few times about 40 years ago.

c.......black

d......gotta be hot

e......not really, tried tea for awhile, it wasn't my cup of tea. I remember recording our 1st song years ago in Pittsburgh and the studio had a machine that had coffee, tea, hot chocolate and chicken broth! That chicken broth was great, so I had cups of that. Back home, I found a machine at work that had it and I drank that after morning coffee. I still think of that today, but can't find the right tasting soup to have at home. I recently bought some "Herb-ox" chicken granulated bouillon that even has the green parsley in it, so that looks promising. I just hope it has that old fashioned Lipton soup taste. I'll be trying it soon.

I drink 1 or sometimes 2 cups in the morning.  Nothing fancy, just black coffee. I do let it cool a bit.  I have blistered the roof of my mouth before with hot coffee and that is not happening again. I don't do the expensive coffee and definitely not Starbucks after their evil owner sold my basketball team to Oklahoma City.  Nothing against them, but that was my team. But, I digress...

On September 14, 2017 at 8:50 PM, TomFest said:

definitely not Starbucks after their evil owner sold my basketball team to Oklahoma City.  Nothing against them, but that was my team. But, I digress...

Starbucks is mediocre and overrated, at least for black coffee. Since that's the only type I drink I don't know how the quality is for the rest of it. If possible I try to hit "Mom & Pop" coffee places, heck I'll make instant coffee as well, I actually think that's better than Starbucks. 

Yes, coffee, of course! I'm German, it's our favorite hot drink!

a) Fancy speciality drink? --> Noooo! Filter/drip or anything else, to be honest... Only rarely have I had a bad coffee (mostly from machines).

b ) with alcohol? --> No...

c) Sugar? Cream? Black? --> Milk. No sugar.

d) Do you like it pipin' hot or on the cooler side? --> Inbetween, probably... neither too hot nor too cool tastes good...

e) Have you ever given up coffee? --> Nope. Why should I? But I don't go to Starbuck's anymore.

a) I do like a Frappuccino as a treat

b ) No

c) Usually black (unless it's a Frappuccino)

d) Depending on weather, either hot, or a nice cold-pressed coffee (not boiled, left in fridge overnight, adding ice cubes)

e) Not really, but I do have days where I have a cup of green tea or peppermint tea (also sometimes cold-pressed) instead

On 9/14/2017 at 10:19 AM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

b ) with alcohol?

c) Sugar? Cream? Black?

a) Have no use for foo-foo coffee

B) Don't drink  (every time I try to type the "b" in like you have it, I get a smirky face.  :unsure:)

c) Black

d) Hot

e) It would be hard not to have it first thing in the morning, but I could live without it if I had to.

a) Fancy speciality drink?  - Not really. They are good, though. 

b ) with alcohol? - No, I don't drink. 

c) Sugar? Cream? Black? - Sweetener, cream, and/or flavoring is a must. I can do just sweetener, but the coffee has to be good. 

d) Do you like it pipin' hot or on the cooler side? - Doesn't matter. If it cools down, I will still drink it. Tea, on the other hand, I cannot drink at room temp. Either hot or cold, but not in between.

e) Have you ever given up coffee? - I don't drink coffee very often, maybe once a month or so, and I always drink decaf because caffeine is hard on me and makes me tired.

I take my coffee as follows:

At Home:

Daily Cafetiere : black, strong and no sugar. Everyday pre-ground French roast (two mugs for beakfast), or freshly ground beans for special treats and guests. 

Italian perculator : espresso with hot skimmed milk added to make a latte. 

Out of Home :

Monmouths, Southwark: good, smooth tasting properly made Italian cappuccino. Probably the best in town, with a higher price to match. 

Never:

Instant 'muck'

Anything fancy with strange coffee chain names, e.g., Frappuccino - with whipped cream, syrups and other additions to make what looks like an ice cream sundae replicate with an odd name like . 

Fun fact: RFC 2324, released by the Internet Engineering Task Force on April 1, 1998, describes the HTCPCP (Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol). The best part:

2.3.2 418 I'm a teapot

Any attempt to brew coffee with a teapot should result in the error
   code "418 I'm a teapot". The resulting entity body MAY be short and
   stout.

a) Fancy specialty drink?

Occasionally, sure.  If anything I do like a nice flavored latte prepared by a barista.

b ) with alcohol?

Very rarely, although I have indulged - a dash of Kahlua or Bailey's is yummy.

c) Sugar? Cream? Black?

I do the "natural creamer" thing these days.  I can drink it black if it's cold-brew but I need sugar at least.

I'm not fussed, really, but I prefer to start out with it either being hot or iced, not lukewarm.

My most recent attempt was this year but besides being addicted to caffeine and needing a nootropic to get through the day, I think I have a psychological addiction to coffee.  I was just so depressed without it.

5 hours ago, chimera said:

I was just so depressed without it.

Hmmm. I gave up coffee a few times over the years just to see if I could. The first time I had headaches for a couple days but eventually those passed. The next time I was getting over being sick and hadn't had any for a while and decided to see how long I could go without it; no withdrawal symptoms that time.

For myself, eating an excess (two or three days in a row) of processed sugar and junky foods bring me down, listless, lower energy. 

On 9/14/2017 at 1:19 PM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Cream rarely sugar

nope, occasional Coolatta from DD but that aint coffee

b ) with alcohol?

occasionally with Baileys  maybe twice a year..

c) Sugar? Cream? Black?

Cream

On 9/14/2017 at 1:19 PM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

hot unless its an ice coffee in the summer

yup gave it up this summer, wife was having a bad reaction and palpitations.  Only took it up again this fall and now its not a daily thing.  Digging Maxwell house for some reason. :) 

I didn't think I was a fan of instant but I do like the kind you can get at Asian markets or bodegas where it's instant coffee mixed with milk powder and sugar (it's usually referred as "3-in-1" or cafe con leche) which will do in a pinch, though it's not something I'd drink regularly.  But I totally get why some people would think it's gross.