Sign in to follow this  
bonddm

U.S. Tour 2017 [Official Dates Announced]

7 hours ago, High Grass Dog said:

Tom says a lot of things in advance of a tour, but I think history speaks for itself. It would be a big shock if this tour features anything other than a static greatest hits set on songs

Dear High Grass Dog,

I'd pretty much quote your entire post because that's a pretty accurate perception. I really thought the Hypnotic Eye tour would offer something different or at least more songs from that album since there were a plethora of uptempo songs, and if you're going to play tunes the majority of the audience doesn't know, the faster numbers make more sense; keep the energy going.

Perhaps it's a naive optimism but I hope he really sticks to his word this time and actually digs deep; but I'm not counting on it.  

Anyway, your post was well said.

Cheers to you, sir.

3 hours ago, martin03345 said:

When you hear "You Don't Know How It Feels", you know every time it's gonna be 6 and a half minutes with the same jam, with the same dance Tom does every time, at every show. EVERY SHOW. Same goes for "Learning to Fly" being beaten into the ground with the slowness of it and "My troubles and worries" being said 23 times. Look to the Live Anthology for inspiration Tom, you know you can do it.

Well said. The irony is they are really good musicians and could easily improvise  in place of the "troubles & worries" part; really make parts of Learning To Fly something big...err...different every night.

cheers

3 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Dear High Grass Dog,

I'd pretty much quote your entire post because that's a pretty accurate perception. I really thought the Hypnotic Eye tour would offer something different or at least more songs from that album since there were a plethora of uptempo songs, and if you're going to play tunes the majority of the audience doesn't know, the faster numbers make more sense; keep the energy going.

Perhaps it's a naive optimism but I hope he really sticks to his word this time and actually digs deep; but I'm not counting on it.  

Anyway, your post was well said.

Cheers to you, sir.

Thanks MJ2LD. 

The Hypnotic Eye tour was actually one of the least varied tours they've ever done, even by their standards! Such a shame they didn't break out any of the other songs from that album. 

I'd love to be at the show where Tom walks onto the stage and tells the audience that 'I hope you've booked the baby sitter baby doll as we are going to be here for a long time tonight to play our first two albums in their entirety for you!'☺

I' d even endure Free Fallin' and Yer So Bad as an encore to send the casuals home happy to make this happen! ☺ 

On 1/3/2017 at 3:29 PM, dollardime said:

I'd love to be at the show where Tom walks onto the stage and tells the audience that 'I hope you've booked the baby sitter baby doll as we are going to be here for a long time tonight to play our first two albums in their entirety for you!'☺

I' d even endure Free Fallin' and Yer So Bad as an encore to send the casuals home happy to make this happen! ☺ 

Seeing as we've talked about that canned line being used, I feel the need to go through my boots of shows from 02-13 to see if I can find it being used lol