Sign in to follow this  
bonddm

U.S. Tour 2017 [Official Dates Announced]

Tickets for many of the 2017 concerts will go on sale at Ticketmaster.com, AXS.com, or on the venue ticketing website beginning Friday December 16th at 10 am local venue time. Premium Ticket Packages will also be available through the ticketing websites for most locations. West Coast and other dates will be announced in the future. Members of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ Highway Companions Fan Club will be able to participate in special ticket presales allowing them to purchase tickets before the general public.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We're excited to announce that Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers will embark on their 40th Anniversary Tour beginning in April 2017!

As a Legacy* member of the Highway Companions Club, you have the first opportunity to purchase Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers concert tickets and Premium Ticket Packages during exclusive club pre-sales, provided that you are an active member as of December 12, 2016.

The Highway Companions Club pre-sale for Legacy members will begin Wednesday December 14th at 10 am local venue time

In order to participate in the Legacy member ticket pre-sale you will need a unique Highway Companions pre-sale code. This code will be emailed to you the afternoon of December 12th

The pre-sale code will give you priority access to purchase up to 4 tickets per show, and up to 8 tickets throughout the entire Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers tour.

These are the shows that will be available in the pre-sale beginning

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

APRIL 20  CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CENTER  OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
APRIL 22  AMERICAN AIRLINES ARENA  DALLAS, TX
APRIL 23  VERIZON WIRELESS ARENA  LITTLE ROCK, AR
APRIL 25 BRIDGESTONE ARENA NASHVILLE, TN
APRIL 27 PHILIPS ARENA ATLANTA, GA
APRIL 29 CYNTHIA WOODS MITCHELL PAVILION HOUSTON, TX
MAY 2 FRANK ERWIN CENTER AUSTIN, TX
MAY 5 PERFECT VODKA AMPHITHEATRE WEST PALM BEACH, FL
MAY 6 AMALIE ARENA TAMPA, FL
MAY 8 FEDEX FORUM MEMPHIS, TN
MAY 12 SCOTTRADE CENTER ST. LOUIS, MO
MAY 13 KLIPSCH MUSIC CENTER INDIANAPOLIS, IN
MAY 29 RED ROCKS AMPHITHEATRE MORRISON, CO
MAY 30 RED ROCKS AMPHITHEATRE MORRISON, CO
JUNE 2 SPRINT CENTER KANSAS CITY, MO
JUNE 3 XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL, MN
JUNE 5 WELLS FARGO ARENA DES MOINES, IA
JUNE 7 SCHOTTENSTEIN CENTER COLUMBUS, OH
JUNE 9 PPG PAINTS ARENA PITTSBURGH, PA
JUNE 10 QUICKEN LOANS ARENA CLEVELAND, OH
JUNE 12 US BANK ARENA CINCINNATI, OH
JUNE 14 XFINITY THEATRE HARTFORD, CT
JUNE 16 PRUDENTIAL CENTER NEWARK, NJ
JUNE 17 MOUNTAIN JAM FESTIVAL HUNTER MOUNTAIN, NY
JUNE 29 WRIGLEY FIELD CHICAGO, IL
JULY 1 WELLS FARGO ARENA PHILADELPHIA, PA
JULY 2 CMAC PERFORMING ARTS CENTER  CANANDAIGUA, NY
JULY 5 MARCUS AMPHITHEATER- SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE, WI
JULY 6 MARCUS AMPHITHEATER - SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE, WI

/// JULY 9 HYDE PARK LONDON ///

JULY 18 DTE ENERGY MUSIC THEATRE CLARKSTON, MI
JULY 20 TD GARDEN BOSTON, MA
JULY 23 ROYAL FARMS ARENA BALTIMORE, MD
JULY 26 FOREST HILLS STADIUM QUEENS, NY
JULY 27 FOREST HILLS STADIUM QUEENS, NY

Depending on the prices, I think I will be going to both the Indianapolis show and the Cincinnati Show.
I'm going to have to start doing meditation and yoga every day before the presale so I don't freak out! Haha.
I hate presales and signing it right at 10AM... Haha. So stressful.
Super excited though! I saw them from 1st and 6th, so I'm not worried about getting the VIP packages or anything.
I'll get the cheaper tickets this time.

The only venue that would justify 5000 miles of air travel for me is Red Rocks. Two concert tickets plus airfare from Europe, plus a rental car, plus accommodation plus a ridiculuous amount of beer would come to around 1100$. :o
However, I'm pretty sure this will be another greatest hits tour, it's their 40th anniversary tour after all - playing Wildflowers + its phantom "all the rest" in its entirety doesn't make any sense here. So with a heavy heart I believe -again- I must hope for a concert BluRay that will never come. :(

^ I second that emotion to the point. (Well, my figure was $29,345, but I'm sure I messed up somewhere on the way.)

(BluRay? Is that gonna be an actual format for much longer?)

Other than that - to quote John Fogerty - it feels like deja vu all over again.

I'm looking at that gap between June 19th in New York and June 29th Illinois. No UK dates included but that gap coincides with the 2017 Glastonbury Festival in England. Last time they played UK it was 2 dates at the Royal Albert Hall then headlined Isle of Wight Festival. Looks like a nice fit to me. I maybe wrong but I'd lay a bet on that one. Would be nice.

Even if they don't play Glastonbury id love to see them again at the Albert Hall. It was stunning last time. Just concerned how much the ticket prices would be.

Anyway, see what happens!!!

4 hours ago, NightDriver said:

The only venue that would justify 5000 miles of air travel for me is Red Rocks. Two concert tickets plus airfare from Europe, plus a rental car, plus accommodation plus a ridiculuous amount of beer would come to around 1100$. :o
However, I'm pretty sure this will be another greatest hits tour, it's their 40th anniversary tour after all - playing Wildflowers + its phantom "all the rest" in its entirety doesn't make any sense here. So with a heavy heart I believe -again- I must hope for a concert BluRay that will never come. :(

1 hour ago, Almost Simon said:

I'm looking at that gap between June 19th in New York and June 29th Illinois. No UK dates included but that gap coincides with the 2017 Glastonbury Festival in England. Last time they played UK it was 2 dates at the Royal Albert Hall then headlined Isle of Wight Festival. Looks like a nice fit to me. I maybe wrong but I'd lay a bet on that one. Would be nice.

Even if they don't play Glastonbury id love to see them again at the Albert Hall. It was stunning last time. Just concerned how much the ticket prices would be.

Anyway, see what happens!!!

Agree with you guys, although I think you're being optimistic with your US budget Nightdriver. We went to the Albert Hall and Isle of Wight too. We figure US = £3000 for 5 days, 2 people. There are a lot of places where we could go for 2 weeks for that.

I think that article sums it up pretty good. This MAY be their last major tour, cuz let's face it, they get tired of being on the road. They DON"T get tired of playing, they just want to play smaller venues and a few dates at a time and connect with their fans. I can understand that. After 40 years plus on the road and meeting record label contracts on time, it takes a bit out of you. It's time to relax a bit. I don't think the band will ever retire, they will record and perform for many more years. Let's face it, actors and musicians don't retire, they go on forever. I'm sure we will see TPATH record and perform for many more years.

17 hours ago, NightDriver said:

However, I'm pretty sure this will be another greatest hits tour, it's their 40th anniversary tour after all - playing Wildflowers + its phantom "all the rest" in its entirety doesn't make any sense here. So with a heavy heart I believe -again- I must hope for a concert BluRay that will never come. 

I think they're going to perform Wildflowers live, either on a smaller tour shortly after this one or as a residency. Since this is the 40th, I agree that they'll play the greatest hits, some Stevie Nicks duets (and maybe Eddie Vedder and others based on the location) and a few deep cuts. Maybe reaching back and pulling out Too Much Ain't Enough, Luna and Louisiana Rain. 

Is this going to be their last big tour? It sure seems like it. Forty years with nearly the same group they started with is impressive. I think this will be the last big victory lap for the hits and then they'll play songs more to their liking, rockabilly, blues, country covers in smaller venues.

Oh, and like I said earlier, I think they will do Wildflowers at least once, with more people on stage, strings, etc. augmenting the Heartbreakers.

Even if it is a typical greatest hits set, I hope they expand the songs and let Ron, Benmont and Steve improvise on stage.

I hope whomever of you wants tickets...gets 'em!

cheers

Oh my, that Fallon skit is kinda funny, but not really in a good way, ey.. As far as satire goes, it's too spot on. While it's great that TP has self distance enough for the cause, I'd be more happy in my heart if the feeling transmitted didn't feel so familiar. Is it just me, or is reading that RS article, linked above, like reading about any piece of the kind ever written in the last 15 years or so. The message is repeating itself. (Either TP has a lot of humor here or someone at the JF show has been kinda mean....)

As for the article and the message - So THIS time they are gonna dig deep?? Well, allow me...

It's always fun when media - whether they push a neatly planned commercial messages like in this case, or report well researched news articles straight up - let the likes of MC and BT in on a piece of the action. I love that! But save for mentioning how this trip "may be the last big one" (ok, at least that angle of the pitch was sort of new) it seems to me it's the exact same talk as last time, and the time before that and... It's amazing to be that people keep buying these tired messages.

What's between the lines is even more sad... Everyone seem to suggest that doing it this way, the big arenas, the same sets, big crowds, 50 dates and so on, are a necessary evil. I don't get it. And I don't buy it. Given their level of the game, the money all their deals are bound to include, the legend of the band, and of TP as an artist and person, I can't stress enough how madly disappointing it is that they keep talking like this and still in reality seems forced to do something else.. "Just one more time for the machine - then it's time for us to do what we really like!" That message is what I've been getting for over ten years now and.. to me.. quite frankly.. it's pitiful This should all be way beyond and above this a long time ago. Especially at 40... it's about time to start fooling yourself, and us.

That said I would be very excited too about what is about to unfold, if I was able to catch some of the action. It's always a very special treat to see these guys roll (even if it's always 95% the same roll since ´95).I see a few "gaps" in the calender which I secretely hope will mean that at least the Hyde Park gig mentioned can come through. After all, it wasn't that long ago that "personal message from TP" presented to HCC, seemed, in not so many words, to imply that the something a little out of the beaten path was in the making, that some international dimension was to be awaited for next year. Again... It basically seems to come down to a whole lot of semi daft talking.. Sorry.. but there is no denying it when you take a sober look at things from a bigger scheme of things. It's hype. 

I know they are old and I would wholeheartedly respect if they stopped touring this moment - especially if touring this way is such a bad ordeal to them. All evidence and all their talk seem to suggest that "big" and "hits" are bad, still what are we most likely looking at here, judging from experience...?? What does it really mean when they say dig deep or vary they shows? Well.. I regress.. Of course, I hope this time, something will come of the talk, that this time they can toss a little edge and spontanity into the mix, and I congratulate everyone that gets to experience it if they do.

To me personally, if it's business as usual,I won't miss it much. Seems like stopping this "Runnin' Down A Charade" loop they are stuck in, and keep focusing on themselves and the music - the recordings and occasional smaller show or recidency, would be the best and most welcome thing to everyone - at least to me and to TP's grandchildren. I rather get the rare chance to travel to California once or twice more in my/their remaining years, for a show full of what they would really like to do (at least MC and BT would make sure some of that would be the deep cuts from their back catalogue), than any number of 50+ or 100+ dates world tours of north America filled with largely the same old hits. Frankly, we are all to old for this bullshit. If at least we could stop talking like the cool rebels that we don't have the guts to be.... yet....

Ok. So now you can start the shooting. Here I am.

51 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Of course, I hope this time, something will come of the talk, that this time they can toss a little edge and spontanity into the mix, and I congratulate everyone that gets to experience it if they do.

Well, I hope Tom actually follows through this time; a possible difference this time around is this being their last major tour, which makes sense. 

53 minutes ago, Shelter said:

keep focusing on themselves and the music - the recordings and occasional smaller show or recidency, would be the best and most welcome thing to everyone -

I'm definitely more excited for new music from them if they keep pushing themselves with different song structures, a heavier sound and so on, some of what we've heard in the recent unreleased tunes; the more and more time goes on it seems like Mojo was indeed a positive turning point for the band. As for residencies, well, I've already stated my opinion on what I'd like to see from them versus what TPATH usually end up doing. But that's still more exciting than their hits tour.

Maybe Benmont and the others will exert some influence and they'll play some deep cuts and unplayed songs, topping it off with a live album for their 40th.

57 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Ok. So now you can start the shooting. Here I am.

Ha ha, my super scientific study shows that people on here either agree with you to varying degrees and wish Tom would mix it up, agree with you but accept what TPATH usually do and others who are just happy seeing them play, be it Hits or deep cuts. 

cheers

This is a major tour for their 40th anniversary, so it will most likely be a "Greatest Hits" tour. There are no scientific studies about what the band will play from tour to tour or year to year. Probably 10% of the bands fans are die hards and want to hear deep cuts, while 90% are general fans that listen to the band on radio and don't even own any of their LP's. For that reason, the band stands to sell out more arenas (more money) with a greatest hits show than deep cuts. 90% of the paying public would go home saying what the hell were they playing, I never heard of any of those songs and paid $$$$$ to see it. A deep cuts show will most likely be saved for small venues on occasional dates and off season or even off year dates from major concerts. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!!!!

3 hours ago, nurktwin said:

90% of the paying public would go home saying what the hell were they playing, I never heard of any of those songs and paid $$$$$ to see it.

That's usually what happens; i've spoken to people who've seen them and they were disappointed in the unfamiliar songs. I think that's how it is for most successful rock bands, the only difference in how much the hardcore audience varies from band to band.

That's a lot of concert dates playing the same 18-20 songs in the same order night after night. I guess we'll see how much they mix it up. Maybe they'll do a more rocking version of Learning To Fly and surprise the audience with some different extended takes of the hits.

cheers

On 12/9/2016 at 2:06 PM, Nel said:

Champaign, Illinois!!!  At last!

Finally Nel, I think your waiting has been the hardest part! I already warned my son that I would be sleeping in his apartment that night LOL. I'm really hoping we will be among the three Legacy members at the pre-sale for this.