Sign in to follow this  
Mudcrutch

Here We Go

Write neater!

I hope for all you looking forward to this, you get to enjoy a show or shows filled with songs you want to hear, be it all of Wildflowers and/or deep cuts or if you're happy with the hits, well, them too. I also hope they play other countries, too!

cheers

I have a feeling this could be one of the last swings on the carousel for TPATHB as a touring live band, at least in terms of extensive nationwide/international touring. Who knows, at least that is the feeling I get for what it's worth. With that in mind I would like to say something specific to TPATHB fans who have not seen the band live yet. Make it your business to catch them on one of the dates in 2017. Don't look back in a few years with regrets of shouda, coulda woulda but didn't. If you're a huge fan of the band and havn't had the magic experience of seeing them live then now is the time to do something about it. Make it an early new year resolution to yourself..start saving if you have to now, if you have to travel out of state, out of country or out of continent to make it happen, then make it happen. Where there is a will there is a way even with money being tight. You won't regret it. DO IT :)

Reading between the lines of Tom's note I have a feeling that the band will come to Europe again in 2017. I think it will be along similiar lines to 2012 in terms of venues / cities for Europe. What they do in the States is a bit more difficult to read...probably a large sports stadium/arena greatest hits fest as before with American Dream Plan B and Shadow People the new songs to survive from 2014 in 2017. There could be (hope there is) room for a big stadium and residency combination type tour. Half a dozen shows at The Fillmore in San Fran and the same in The Beacon NYC...Grand Ole Opry Nashville and other smaller typesuitable venues. I can't see an intimate type venue run outside the States though if i'm honest...i'll be pleasantly shocked and happy to be proved wrong on that though. Go on Tom prove me wrong, I dare ya! :D

Maybe they will surprise us all and announce a 'Deep Cuts & B Side Bruises' small venue nationwide US and international tour in 2017 similiar to the Mudcrutch venues this year instead of the 'stadium greatest hits' tour venues...thats my dream/hope and I don't scare easy! In some ways if I put my optimistic hat on that is not as impossible to envisage as it might have been in the past as you have to take age/energy into account when you hit pension age in terms of human years... none of us are immune to advancing years and slowing down a bit with advancing years is just a fact of nature in the human condition...for a singer and band leader personality 'up front and centre' this has to be one of the factors in the mix for Tom in terms of the show he wants to put on that show cases him and the band in the best light. With love and respect for Tom, I think that he is probably showing a bit more mileage on the clock than the others in the band at this stage. Tom and the band have aged gracefully and long may they continue to prosper and flourish, no reason why they can't as the strength of the music they have created is eternal...if the music is True then it is timeless and changing gears in it's delivery does not diminish its truth.  

In terms of Europe I don't see them going further east than Italy...hope I'm wrong for fans in those areas. I don't see them going to Australia or Japan/Asia Pacific region for example, there are certainly enough fan demand for them to go there, would love to see it but can't see that happening.  

Most of all though I hope against hope for an announcement of TPATHB 2017 plans that is creative, bold and innovative....live footage from The ClubHouse rehearsals, a live version of 'You Tell Me', a garage/grunge/Crazy Horse type version of Free Fallin, and a hope that Tom leaves the acoustic guitar at home for the big stadium shows! :)

2 hours ago, dollardime said:

I have a feeling this could be one of the last swings on the carousel for TPATHB as a touring live band, at least in terms of extensive nationwide/international touring. Who knows, at least that is the feeling I get for what it's worth.

I've a similar vibe. If so, I hope they go all out and give as many fans a chance to see them throughout the world.