helenreddymades

1971 and 1972 Mudcrutch newspaper ads

On 8/15/2016 at 10:41 PM, GAM said:

direct from New York, and in Pa ??? Don't think that's our boys, is it??

I was curious whether or not Mudcrutch ever played outside of Florida and the South in the early days?  The NY tag could just be a gig in NY, or hoopla.  Could there really have been two Mudcrutches?  That to me sounded less likely, but who knows?  Someone out there must have the answer!  Anyone know the Susquehanna hotel in the 1970s?

52 minutes ago, Miami Steve said:

Text:

MUD RUNS THICKER THAN BLOOD - Shelter Records is proud to announce the signing of Mudcrutch to an exclusive longterm artist agreement. The group which rears from Gainesville, Florida, is being produced by Shelter President Denny Cordell. Members of the band from left to right in the photo above are: Michael Cambell (guitar), Tom Petty (bass and guitar), Randall Marsh (drums), and Benjamin Tench Ill (piano). Their first single for Shelter "Depot Street" is scheduled for release on February 3, with an album due later this year. Mudcrutch is currently completing the basic tracks for their album here in Los Angeles.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mikeroeder
      Yesterday the sign-up for Highway Companions went up at http://www.tompetty.com/become-member
      They mention two live concert downloads. Based on the Kiss My Amps vinyl series, I'm guessing one or both of these might become the April 2017 RSD release.
        MUDCRUTCH LIVE AUDIO: 2016! Digital audio download of live performances from the 2016 Mudcrutch tour, selected by Tom. (Expected availability mid-December 2016/early January 2017. Members will receive an email with download instructions as soon as available.)
        TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS AUDIO: FROM THE 2014 FENWAY PARK CONCERT! Digital audio download of live performances from Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers at Fenway Park August 30th 2014—previously released only as a broadcast video. (Expected availability mid-December 2016/early January 2017. Members will receive an email with download instructions as soon as available.)
    • By Hon3ybee
      Hey guys! This will be my first time seeing tom petty and mudcrutch EVER. Ive been a fan all my life. 
      Anyone down to grab some drinks before waiting in the line at Humphreys?
    • By SingsInFrench
      Last night's setlist from Ratcub on the Officials:
      Mudcrutch Midnight Mission CSUN
      5/23/2016
      Shady Grove
      Orphan Of The Storm
      Six Days On The Road
      Scare Easy
      Trailer
      A Good Street
      Lover Of The Bayou
      Beautiful World
      Save Your Water
      Hungry No More
      I Forgive It All
      House Of Stone
      Other Side OF The Mountain
      Hope
      Welcome To Hell
      Dreams Of Flying
      Crystal River
      Victim Of Circumstance
      Wrong Thing To Do
      Bootleg Flyer
      Encore:
      Rockin' at the High School Hop
      High School Confidential
    • By SingsInFrench
      I thought I'd post info on the Nashville Meet-up here in the Mudcrutch section. I originally posted it in The Waiting (tour) section: