Sign in to follow this  
vincanity23

Mudcrutch on NPR - live performance

If anyone is interested, I recorded the 3 songs they performed live in the studio at NPR "World Cafe", and I'm happy to share them out.  Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a link to download the MP3 files from my dropbox. The 3 songs are:

Hope

Hungry No More

Save Your Water

Very cool interview this...long live NPR radio, real radio.....

Interesting listening to the three live songs they did...the thought struck me that this is what Mudcrutch 2 album could have sounded like if they decided to go down the more organic live on the floor 'live or die on the take recording' route for the album that they did on the first album whose sound I really loved. These live versions sound even more pleasing to me than the album versions.

Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering about those harmony vocals especially on Hungry No More & Save Your Water...it doesn't sound like TL to me...doesn't sound like TP either if they dropped in a pre recorded harmony vocal take....parts of the harmony vocals sound like a female voice to me...most likely Herb Pietersen I guess though. 

'Spanky & Our Gang'...great name for a band and that was funny when Tom said ''kiss my ass'' when the record company guys were saying they wanted Mudcrutch to sound more like Philadelphia Freedom by Elton John! :D