Sign in to follow this  
dollardime

Out & About - Tom Petty songs - which songs and where you heard them!

Share where you hear Tom Petty songs when you're out and about and which song you heard!

I'll kick things off.....on Monday night I was in a local co-op convenience store buying some apple pie and I was pleasantly surprised to hear 'Forgotten Man' from Hypnotic Eye being played on the customised in store radio station. Would never have expected to hear that particular one in that setting..i'll have to go there more often!

A bit of variation on the theme here, more a 'where Tom was mentioned'. Tom was mentioned in passing on A boxing radio show in the UK on TalkSport radio boxing review of 2017 yesterday.  The presenters were discussing the Klitchko v Joshua bout and mentioned that just like Tom Petty neither boxer would back down on the night and how much a terrible loss Tom's passing was and ''I'm a big fan". Gareth A Davies was the boxing journalist who mentioned Tom.

Even the Losers is used as a 'sting' on The Two Mike's radio show on TalkSport in the UK. They have a weekly section on their show where they have a top three winners and top there losers debate. It seems to be a live version of Even The Losers they use in the 10 second sting. The winners 'sting' they use is Hot Chocolate's Everyones a Winner! ☺

Stop Draggin My Heart Around got a spin on Newstalk radio 106FM in Ireland yesterday on a programme where listeners rang in requesting their favorite female artists in celebration of International Women's Day. Someone wanted Stevie Nicks and the DJ played Tom and Stevies duet. So Tom still got in on the act as the only male voice featured on the show in a tribute to female artists which I thought was very cool. ☺

Learning to fly again on Classic Hits 4fm in Ireland on the breakfast show this morning but they cut off the last third of the song to talk over it...always get mad when that happens. Play the FULL song or don't bother would be my motto! 

Tom and the Heartbreakers got a mention last night on the Rick Rubin tribute show on Newstalk 106fm in Ireland as having produced MJLD and Something in the Air cover from the Greatest Hits CD. I think RR is my favorite producer..the range of bands he's worked with that sound so good on record...definitely got what to my ears is the best earthy rootsy rich yet organic sound unique to the Heartbreakers out of the Heartbreakers on record...most of my top favorite Heartbreakers albums happen to have been produced by Rick Rubin which I dont take as an accident...would have loved Rubin to have produced more Heartbreakers personally. ☺

TPATHB's cover of Elvis's Wooden Heart as a promo for the HBO documentary on The King. Played on Newstalk Radio in Ireland yesterday...although the dj called Mike 'Mick' Campbell in saying Mike was joining the Fleetwood Mac tour. 

13 hours ago, wild1forever said:

^ HoodooMan, this a Fenway photo from a few years ago. I think their crew has a few TPATH fans, lol.

fenway.jpg

that is soo cool!!   Was a great show that night! :)  One of the very few times I've been to Fenway.... 

I Won't Back Down this morning at the one, the only, Walmart~!  😀

It would have been nice if I had someone to share the moment with but, Walmart being Walmart, that just didn't happen.  🤣

In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground
And I won't back down