livin´thing68

Listen Trailer

Thanks for sharing that. I was wrong about them not covering TPATH. 

It sounds good. I think I'm going to like this better than the original. I just listened to a tiny bit, and will wait for the album.

An interesting and surprising choice and now that I think about it, kinda fitting; TPATH took Don't Do Me Like That, now Mudcrutch gets to have Trailer.

Sonic Symmetry!

cheers

It's all good gravy at the end of the day and i'm all for variety and different versions of songs including different versions of bands doing different versions especially when the cross over is between Heartbreakers & Mudcrutch. I think on this song I'll stick to this particular original trailer hitch though. I'm not so fond of the trade off to a slower tempo on this new version in comparison to the original energy and tempo speed. Maybe I'm channelling my inner Bootleg Flyer but even if it's the wrong thing to do, I don't care! (pun intended) ;) I'd have Somewhere Under Heaven and Lookin' For Daddy (both of which I absolutely love) ahead of this new Trailer in terms of post Hypnotic Eye material released so far. Hey, maybe Mudcrutch will do Somewhere Under Heaven and Lookin' For Daddy live..now that i'd love to hear! Lots of interesting potential for further interesting blurred lines cross over from Heartbreakers to Mudcrutch.....would Mudcrutch do 'You Tell Me' live as the Heartbreakers havn't done it live at all, so they could make it their own. It's fun to speculate!  The Mudcrutch live set list this summer will be VERY interesting....so much scope and potential depending on how they want to take it.

Martin 03345: looks like somebody pulled the plug on the 27-second "trailer" of Trailer!   Wildflower: to me, the original version was great for the 80's, but too many "bells and whistles" for my current tastes; the new Mudcrutch version seems more stripped down, straight-ahead.  I really love it.

Hey, maybe Mudcrutch will do Somewhere Under Heaven and Lookin' For Daddy live..now that i'd love to hear! Lots of interesting potential for further interesting blurred lines cross over from Heartbreakers to Mudcrutch.....would Mudcrutch do 'You Tell Me' live as the Heartbreakers havn't done it live at all, so they could make it their own. It's fun to speculate!  The Mudcrutch live set list this summer will be VERY interesting....so much scope and potential depending on how they want to take it

Since Trailer is a TPATH song I can't rule out them playing other lesser known songs in concert and I agree, a Mudcrutch version of You Tell Me would be good. I'd actually prefer them to play lesser known TPATH songs instead of other cover songs but I doubt they will. The band works as a break for Tom and Mike and Ben from TPATH, even dipping into the lesser or never played songs seems like something verboten; Trailer being an exception, of course.

cheers

You mean, now you can finaly understand the lyric?:rolleyes:;)

That´s what I´m thinking when I´m listening to the new version.

Ha, that's exactly how I felt. I even thought Tom has written new lyrics to it.

But it's ways better than the 80s version. So for that reason alone it was worth the effort. If Tom continues going into a somewhat bluesier direction with the Heartbreakers - like he did on Hypnotic Eye - I will have to stay on the Mudcrutch side of things.

The new release of Trailer is okay to me and I probably would have loved it if there had never been that original version.  It was always one of my favorite rarieties off of Playback and I know it well.  I just like the tone in Tom's voice better on the original.  It is the real deal to me.