Sign in to follow this  
bm29759

Roadies | Official Trailer (2016)

"Roadies" ... Recently saw this via a streaming service (not in USA). Apparently it's on DVD now too. 

I'd rate it at 4 out of 5 stars. The core idea (if you didn't see it on Showtime) is a band's on tour & their roadies are kept busy dealing with the mundane & crazy stuff happening along the way.

• Some of it is drama between the fictional characters. So whether you get into that aspect depends on how much you engage with them. The acting is fine, so most of that was enjoyable.  
  • But the cameo performances by real musicians (ie friends of the band popping in or helping out) are what makes this show fly. I won't list them here, so when you watch it yourself you can, hopefully, be just as surprised and as pleased as I was. 

Uh, more info. It seems you can access this series via online streaming using amazon prime in the US.

There are other series also called Roadies.  You'll want the Cameron Crowe seriesobviously,  not what looks like reality tv from Nepal (though maybe that's marvellous too). :D

I'm enjoying this series.  Unfortunately, it's not available on Amazon Prime - or any other legitimate source that I can see.  I do have friends in low places though.  Multiple Tom Petty easter eggs so far including "Sweet William" playing a few minutes into episode 4.  Nice choice.

God, my wife and I loved that show. Wish it had gotten a second season and I was psyched to hear Tom a handful of times throughout the series.  I've only seen it on HBO or whatever channel it was on on demand....  

Yeah, I really liked it too.  My favorite character was probably Wes (Wes Coast), but Phil stole the show with his tales about Lynyrd Skynyrd, and just that robust personality of his.  Several fun characters in there along the way too, and great star turns.  But I get why they only had one season.  It actually seems appropriate to me.