Sign in to follow this  
TomFest

Lover Of The Bayou

Assuming it's true, who knows? They may be heading in one direction and could change it up like they did with Hypnotic Eye.

It's surprising as I figured Mudcrutch exists partly to explore the more country stylings that they all enjoy both playing and listening to. Psychedelic Country Rock.

However if it is true, I think it's a good thing that they don't repeat themselves. Yet, I still think they'll be a countryish vibe to the album to some degree, I'd be really surprised if there wasn't. I think that's part of the band's DNA just as much as  rock-n-roll is to TPATH even when they go for something different.

Perhaps Mudcrutch's 2nd album will an exciting and daring evolution. I think it's positive news though I can understand why it's disappointing for you and probably others.

I guess we'll see. At least there's more talk of a new album. Hopefully TPATH will squeeze some residencies in as well.

cheers