Sign in to follow this  
Spiritinthesky

Tom Petty Quiz

You are just so polite!  No need to apologize!  

Well done for 20 / 20.  I also have doubts about some of the answers.  I think perhaps this quiz was written by someone who did not check the questions and answers and facts.   Agree?

I wish I spoke another language but I'm hopeless at remembering words.   (I'm guessing English is one of your languages). 

But maybe we should just write our own quiz instead? :wub:

1. Who is the greatest musician? (A: Tom Petty)
  2. Which is the greatest band? (A: Heartbreakers)

On 9/22/2018 at 10:50 AM, Big Blue Sky said:

I also have doubts about some of the answers.  I think perhaps this quiz was written by someone who did not check the questions and answers and facts.   Agree?

You'd be surprised how much fact-checking, or even basic proofreading, often gets put aside. One of my favourite examples is from a college newspaper:

With keyboardist Belmont Tench on piano, guitarist Mike Campball on the Dobron, drummer Stan Lunch on percussion, and bass player Howie Epstein supplying background vocals, Petty sings about regional pride with excellent vocal delivery.

:mellow:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Tom Petty trivia book that's for sale on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I've read it and the questions vary from easy to expert level. And it's obvious that the book was written by a huge Tom Petty fan.