Sign in to follow this  
MaryJanes2ndLastDance

Lover of the Bayou studio performance

Epic indeed! Many thanks for refreshing my memory. Been awhile.. Quite a build-up watching that stuff.. for if and when the new Mudcrutch album materializes. I truly think their first effort is some of the best stuff they have ever involved themselves in. And that, of course, says a whole lot, doesn't it?!

I told the wife to put an endless loop of Crystal River in the box when I go to the great beyond:)

Sounds like the trip to end all trips.. and I guess it will be. Hope you're not in a hurry though, and hope there is plenty more where that came from, here and soon.

Master of the B-Bender......epic stuff.

As much as I love Mike....just no lol. Clarence White, the originator always will be the master of the B-Bender. Just listen to that late Byrds stuff and their 1971 Royal Albert Hall show album, simply amazing.

I almost feel like, and this is one of my very few criticisms of the excellent Mudcrutch album is that he didn't use the bender as much as he could of or the album was mixed in a way that kind of muted it's overall affect. Which is sad because I love the sound of a B-Bender and hope when they make the next Mudcrutch album, they may give Tom Leadon a chance to play some 12 string on it with Mike to kind of create that, McGuinn, White magic that make them probably one of the best guitar pairings ever.