MaryJanes2ndLastDance

Wildflowers (the album) and a bunch of other stuff

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:26 AM, Big Blue Sky said:
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, TheSameOldDrew said:

I'm unaware of "Bathroom Jams', where can I find those?  Mike sang Casa Dega?  I'd love to hear that. 

You're in for quite a treat.

Thanks BigBlueSky.  I was unaware of those videos.  I agree that Mike's singing has come quite a long way, especially when we've been told of the early days when he wouldn't sing loud enough to be heard.  He sounds somewhat like TP, though with more of a Southern accent and a bit harder of an "edge". 

I could definitely imagine Mike singing the band's songs, though I can understand his reluctance to do it, since he's not Tom, as he says.  Still, having Mike sing lead on the songs would be better than any tribute band singing them (and I actually enjoy those, at times).   I do wonder though if it would be hard for Mike to focus on both lead vocals and lead guitar work at the same time, getting the most out of both. 

The one they need to bring back as lead vocalist - Stan!  But it will never happen.    And Benmont has quite a good voice too.  I'm not that crazy about Scott's voice, at least as a lead vocalist.  Plus he's a "latecomer" to the band, albeit one who was essentially a member for over 25 years.   

Apologies if this’s already been posted. Interview with Mike from late April.

“Right now, we’re working on a Wildflowers reissue, which has some leftover tracks that are really good. I think it’s going to be three or four discs. One disc will just be some demos Tom did for the album -- songs that never made the record that are really cute, with just him doing all of the instruments."

He went on to say, "And there may be a few live things. Back in 1999, I think, we did a stand at the Fillmore West that was good, and I know there’s a live album there. So yeah, there are live albums to come out, and there are studio tracks that haven’t been heard yet. We’re going through those and trying to honor Tom’s memory the best we can."

https://nightswithalicecooper.com/2020/04/23/the-heartbreakers-mike-campbell-releases-new-video-talks-new-tom-petty-projects/

I think there is an announcement on TPR tonight at 7pm EST.  Not sure if that has changed or not but Keith E posted about it a day or so ago. Not sure why the website would be so far behind the Siriusxm announcement as it will be all over facebook when they say what they say...   be amazing if we finally get All the Rest but sad to see it come after this place is gone. :( 

7 minutes ago, Arete411 said:

Adria Petty is announcing the Wildflowers project news right now on TPR. 

2 minutes ago, Arete411 said:

Tom’s home recorded demo version of You Don’t Know How It Feels will be released as a gift to fans (playing on TPR now).

Edited to add: It sounds fantastic, and has new lyrics!

This is great news!  I can't wait to hear it.

EVERYBODY GET IN HERE!

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!! 😁

15 minutes ago, Arete411 said:

and has new lyrics

The “new lyrics” are “I’m so tired of being tired, sure as night will follow day | Most things I worry about never happen anyway” with completely different phrasing to fit into the YDKHIF melody line.

It was a beautiful thing!  They played it twice!  I don’t have my computer so I wasn’t able to record the interview. Hopefully, someone did and will share. YAY!  We have something to look forward to!!   😃

7 minutes ago, Marion said:

It was a beautiful thing!  They played it twice!  I don’t have my computer so I wasn’t able to record the interview. Hopefully, someone did and will share. YAY!  We have something to look forward to!!   😃

Can't wait to hear the song and hopefully the interview!  Personally,  I feel slightly let down that it wasn't an announcement for the full release, but I think that was my own doing by allowing myself to get too hyped.

Glad to hear that Adria said 2020 will see Wildflowers All The Rest finally be released.  I'm sure it will be presented with the same love and care that I feel An American Treasure was given.  It will be worth the wait.

51 minutes ago, downsouth26 said:

Personally,  I feel slightly let down that it wasn't an announcement for the full release, but I think that was my own doing by allowing myself to get too hyped.

I hear you. Oh, how I hear you.

Personally, I made a deliberate choice not to even dare hope or get hyped.  Which is a rotten attitude to have to adopt. I mean, cheerfully hoping for the next release is the very heart of being a fan!  But given this mob's past form, my instinct = protect that vulnerable music-loving part of my heart.  When we do hear the music / have the album then I will be delirious with joy!!!

The joy about "You don´t now How It Feels" (Home Recording) is huge, only with the announcement yesterday everyone thought that the release date of Wildflowers all the rest will finally be announced. That's why my enthusiasm is somewhat limited. 5 years ago, "Somewhere under Heaven" was the first and new song of the Wildflowers Project. At that time it was said: "From the soon to be released album release. Therefore, despite all the anticipation, I am a little disappointed that" only "one song is presented to us, and not as expected the album release date.