TwoGunslingers

Covers of Tom Petty songs

^^^ these are brilliant - can see why you said you had a wonderful time! Thanks so much for posting them!!

Agree about Steve Ferrone! Also, Hattie Webb & Ron Blair are both marvellous vocally too, even based on these songs alone. 

PS you have more?

14 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

^^^ these are brilliant - can see why you said you had a wonderful time! Thanks so much for posting them!!

Agree about Steve Ferrone! Also, Hattie Webb & Ron Blair are both marvellous vocally too, even based on these songs alone. 

PS you have more?

so it seems the song Steve did was impromptu and encouraged by Jake Thistle at the last moment back stage. No rehearsal at all for that track! I have a few things as not yet uploaded as I did not know who was on the track and I have a "split file" form Jake Thistle doing I need to know where the recording stopped for a few seconds and then I started again. Going to have my son join the files before I post them. 

this was the "grand finale encore" American Girl sung by all. By this time we were exhausted from standing and had to move to the side. 

Jeff Slate with Orbison Jr and others.

these guys strike me as a band that could make it big... Just a garage band now but I hear that they are touring soon.... the lead singer seems to have developed a bit of swagger. Its like he deconstructed the tune to bare bones and made it new again not something a lot of up and coming bands can do with such a great song. I might go see them live and see if this Campbell guy lives up to the hype.... 😎💘

https://www.facebook.com/MikeCampbellOfficial/videos/480478089317382/

On 1/5/2020 at 11:07 AM, Hoodoo Man said:

I feel like I have heard Tom sing that lyric live before, is this familiar to anyone else?? 

Yes! Tom changed that line while playing YDKHIF on occasion during the '95 Dogs With Wings Tour. An example being on the excellent soundboard 10.6.95 Tuscaloosa bootleg....the crowd is insanely rowdy and enthusiastic in this show!

This was also the tour where Tom exclaimed "OH BABY DOLL..." at basically the start of every show :)

2 hours ago, RedfordCowboy said:

This was also the tour where Tom exclaimed "OH BABY DOLL..." at basically the start of every show :)

Such a weird thing to say, really.

It did put "Good evening!" to shame, though, right.