TwoGunslingers

Covers of Tom Petty songs

52 minutes ago, TwoGunslingers said:

Great what Kurt Vile does to Learning to Fly... his somewhat bizzarre delivery makes it really hypnotizing, trance-like . Makes you almost forget the original while you listen...

Very true! I was really surpised, in a good way, by that rendition. Interesting take.

On March 25, 2015 at 6:22 AM, TwoGunslingers said:

Covers of Petty songs. What are your favorites?

Nine pages. I can't believe this topic made it to nine pages. Nine friggin' pages and not one single Tom Petty cover. Each time someone posts here and I get my hopes up. Maybe today will be the day. Don't get too excited I tell myself before taking a look. Nope. No Tom Petty covers. Just some guy or gal or guys or gals or guys and gals singing Tom Petty songs. What the hell? Look at the topic. Covers of Tom Petty songs. Where are they? Seriously, where the hell are they? No blankets, no bedsheets no flat top sheet, no duvets, not even a quilt, afghan or bedspread! Not even, nay, not one single Tom Petty pillow sham.

6 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Nine pages. I can't believe this topic made it to nine pages. Nine friggin' pages and not one single Tom Petty cover. Each time someone posts here and I get my hopes up. Maybe today will be the day. Don't get too excited I tell myself before taking a look. Nope. No Tom Petty covers. Just some guy or gal or guys or gals or guys and gals singing Tom Petty songs. What the hell? Look at the topic. Covers of Tom Petty songs. Where are they? Seriously, where the hell are they? No blankets, no bedsheets no flat top sheet, no duvets, not even a quilt, afghan or bedspread! Not even, nay, not one single Tom Petty pillow sham.

:lol:

That happens when you let a non-native speaker (?) (i.e., me) choose the name of a thread... ;)

3 hours ago, TwoGunslingers said:

That happens when you let a non-native speaker (?) (i.e., me) choose the name of a thread... ;)

Yeah.. you should've perhaps just called it "Pillow Talk"... But please don't feel quilt:y, it's not too bed, is it? Not the travesty of a sham that it could've been, to pad-a-phrase. Some of those renditions of Tom Petty songs really do put me to sleep, though, must say. No snuggly duvets, but some very comfy duets, surely... eh, isn't this just puff, eider way?

Alright for now

Zzzzz...  

On 10/21/2018 at 7:58 AM, Big Blue Sky said:

... have there been any / many covers of Refugee

I searched a little on-line.  Internet suggests Melissa Etheridge & then gets all muddled up with a gazillion songs about & for people fleeing their homes.  :huh: Which is a worthy cause & all - but not what I'm looking for.  

Um, the Chipmunks did it on Chipmunk Punk.

Hey now, to be clear, I do not endorse the one above. That's the Chipmunks at high-pitched falsetto - a novelty track. 

This one...Chipmunks' cover of Refugee slowed down to 16 speed is what I'm talking about. It's described as a sludge-fest... Just give it a try. Sung by a sloth, not a darting chipmunk. Possibly a sloth called Leonard Cohen.