Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

RIP Mom

Thanks everyone. It's been very hard the last few days. And even though I planned this for years, it's never easy when the day comes. You, that have gone through this, know what I mean. This just wasn't supposed to happen at this time, this day, this minute. You think everything will last forever, but it doesn't. Make the best of everything while you can. Go party and do everything you can, you can be gone in a minute!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me!! I'm your friend,

Thanks again everyone, your prayers, messages and cards are very much appreciated. Now that everyone has gone home back to Florida & KC, I'm sitting alone and thinking of all the good times and even the bad. And even the bad times were good, cuz we survived them together. I look around and everything seems to be gone now, but it's not, I still have my family and my brothers family, and as long as I have that, life will continue. The things me, the wife and daughter remember the most this past week is getting her meals ready every day and calling her to bring the food to her. I look at the clock all day and think it's time to call her, but she's not there anymore. I'm glad I did 1 thing the past year, and that was to keep her in her home when Dr's wanted to put her in a home after she was in the hospital for heart failure the beginning of 2014. I think she really liked the way I handled that. When my dad died in 1998 a friend of mine sent me a song with lyrics and chords for his funeral in April and said his dad died earlier that year and I'd like to share a video and the original song from the LP with you. Here is my friend, Roger McGuinn.