Shelter

The Thread for 2014-2015 Mudcrutch News

Loved reading that! Mudcrutch was so much fun! I can't wait to see what they are going to do next.

I wonder what Tom is doing now. It's odd that the Buried Treasure show is in re-runs in the middle of the season.

However if you were hoping to get some new Mudcrutch music this summer/fall, you might want to pump the brakes on that.

Oh, I just meant that from earlier rumors I had been hoping for an album by fall or at least this year and now that seem a bit uncertain perhaps. Until recordings are done nothing is certain, but this year or later, it sure is exciting and most welcome news!

Btw.. August. That is at least one year since TP told Uncut last summer that he was planning on continueing Mudcrutch "this year". Better late than never for sure, but maybe that explains the anticipation, excitement and restless waiting on my behalf, and others. But no mistake about it - this year will be good too. Or next year..

So............. anyone heard anything yet? Rumors? August sessions amounted to anything..? Please...? Anyone feel anything cooking in the bayou, anyone seen the waving of the gris-gris..?

Of course, it certainly seems - since 2014's comparatively HUGE hoopla, what with album success, massive media coverage, half made promises and hints - the record label has made a sudden unexpected u-turn in terms of their trust and hopes for TP, but still.. Mudcrutch is a different animal to begin with, right..

I for one, once I heard the sessions were scheduled for August, suspected as much as a 2016 release at best, despite the best intentions, typically informal, quick, back to roots, over-dubs free recording procedures and what have you.. By no means this album - if it is to be - is to be regarded as delayed yet, but now we are soon at the end of 2015 (and the tile of this thread should perhaps have been including 2016 or 2017 who knows) and perhaps at least some word has snuck out, some whispers in the golden hallways of WB/Reprise about their plans for the spring....? Anything? Anyone? Did the sessions go alright? 

This is after all the most longed for album in my book for 2016.* 

Oh, well.. for now.. here's a recipe for Catfish Pie..

---

*Yes, I've stopped holding my breath for All The Rest by now - I need air every other year to live - but I would love to spend my money on that one as well, should it be out by spring.. So much for not wanting to flood the market with two releases in one year if so - old silly 2014 saying, d'uh. Not to mention it would be the coolest way to celebrate the TP&TH big 40. I have to give them that. Just that I don't believe that is what is gonna happen. 

Yeah!!! Can't wait for the "near future." ;)

Yeah, right? Average about 9 months to deliver a sound baby, right? As of right now we are about one week over due, calculated from said announcement. :) So, here's hoping that "near future" is getting really near by now... and that delivery procedures, smooth and painless, will be duly set in motion with professional help, had the little bugger not come out by it's own effort in.. let's say a week..

..is all I'm gonna say about it right now.

I understand they're different badns with somewhat different styles of music but for those of you who are more familiar with Mudcrutch, have seen them live, heard the live e.p. etc. two questions:

1) Does Randall Marsh have more of a 'voice' than Steve on the album?

2) Same question for the live shows.

Me three.

I really love RM's touch in Mudcrutch. By all means, he neither has got what I like to call the somewhat clinical, "machine" like qualities of Steve's, nor the temper of Stan's. (I guess it could be argued that he's not as "good" as any of them, from certain technical points of view, don't know). But there is something of the latter's passion to RM though, I think, and I really love what he brings to Mudcrutch. It's a warm and very accurate treatment, all things considered. Suits the style and the ambience perfectly. And speaking of the beat/rhythm section, let's not forget TP's fantastic qualities as a bass  man. I really, really love how TP handles his bass, and that too, in combination with RM, is too me what creates a lot of that very special Mudcrutch magic. (Not that Ben, Mike or Tom 2 is anything short of great, but they are not as "Mudcrutch specific", if I can call it that, as is RM's drums and TP's bass, IMO.)  

^ Interesting..! Since this means, that at least by late May then, we'll might get to hear some new material finally.. this makes me climb the walls in excitement! Hopefully the whole album will be out in time for this May date too. I've learned not to expect anything in these matters........................ and from what I can tell.. no release date is officially set yet, so..

Also this.. About 15 months ago, I thought I saw something of a new move at the official Mudcrutch site.. but I was wrong.. Now, again.. I think something is up.. although it's odd how the page has the same mini-icon (whatever that word is?) symbol as this one.. Puzzling.. but at least seems like a new take on the old logo, or am I the fool again..?!

Check it out:

http://www.mudcrutchmusic.com/index.html

These guys sure know how to mosey the news in a most secretive and manner..

Edited by Shelter

Haha, ain't that the truth! Hopefully the Summer Camp show announcement/"leak" will force their hand, and a whole news release is forthcoming. It's a good sign that the one show announced so far is not in California — it gives credence to the idea of an East coast/Midwest part of a tour. This is an exciting moment though — right before all the album and tour details are revealed. Come on guys, spill the beans! 

^ Interesting..! Since this means, that at least by late May then, we'll might get to hear some new material finally.. this makes me climb the walls in excitement! Hopefully the whole album will be out in time for this May date too. I've learned not to expect anything in these matters........................ and from what I can tell.. no release date is officially set yet, so..

Also this.. About 15 months ago, I thought I saw something of a new move at the official Mudcrutch site.. but I was wrong.. Now, again.. I think something is up.. although it's odd how the page has the same mini-icon (whatever that word is?) symbol as this one.. Puzzling.. but at least seems like a new take on the old logo, or am I the fool again..?!

Check it out:

http://www.mudcrutchmusic.com/index.html

yes looks like the old logo. the splash images were uploaded Feb 10th. So the gears behind the scenes are turning.

Regardless of whether or not the image on the link is the new album cover (I think it is), overall Mudcrutch album covers are more interesting visually because they won't have Tom front and center; there's a distinct line drawn between TPATH and Mudcrutch. So with the latter there's more of a chance of wild and creative designs. 

cheers