Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Mudcrutch 2

If you've been following Tom's interviews for "Hipnotic Eye" and the 2014 tour and the questions he's being asked, you'll know that he has said that his plans after the tour are to get Mudcrutch back together. He stopped short of saying a tour or another new LP, but that's good news. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Me too can't wait!

If it wasn't for the Queen of GoGo Girls, I'd say the first album goes safe as the best, all categories, in the 00s.

It's as if it opened up a whole new vein of creativity for TP. Perhaps there wouldn't have been a First Flash of Freedom, a Good Enough, a Trip to Pirates Cove, or even a Fault Lines or certainly Red River.. if it wasn't for Chrystal River. A ground breaking anthem if ever I saw one.

^gotta wonder about all the outtakes that may never be released. Remember Southern Accents and Wildflowers were both suppose to be double albums... Looks like we'll get our chance with the re-release this fall of Wildflowers.

I saw Mudcrutch when they toured ( how many years has that been? 7 or 8?) and it was absolutely way up there on my favorite show list, along with the Vic shows. : ) I'd love it if they toured again.

Yes! I saw them too. Saw two Troubadour shows in 08 and those easily qualify among the grooviest and most intense live music experiences I've ever had in my life. And that is out of hundreds, I should add. TP and co are always good live, mind you, but with a totally different material and the tight and intimate environment, the ambience of the Troubadour really was a very rare treat. Something that I will cherish for all my life. 20 minutes before show time the guys just came in through the back door, came walking by some of us, waved and nodded happily and went upstairs to prep themselves. When they came back on for the show I had the privilage of enjoying the whole thing from just some 2 feet down and 8 feet away. The details! Well, that place was like practically being on the stage with them. On the upstairs section was Jeff Lynne, enjoying the show from an armchair(!) with two tall, model looking amazons, dressed in silver jump suits, that some said was his daughters(?) on each side. When, during a brief break, I accidently took the wrong door when heading for a bathroom. There I stumbled upon Stevie Nicks, roaming one of the back rooms. A very ordinary hair day.. and very not "made up" in general, the gold dust woman smiled politely, and I'm sure I said something rather silly. But we exchanged a few words, she asked if I enjoyed the show, let me use the probably not very public bathroom and then very kindly opened up a Miller's Light from an ice chest and handed it to me. Still can't believe that happened.Can't think of why I didn't save that bottle. I guess it was just one of those LA -moments. At least I have one of the Live EP tracks, as a very officially released memory of the night in question.

To some old farmers or HCCers I may have told this story before.. sorry.. but I like it a lot. :)

Tour or no tour.. a new album would be fantastic! If TP can pen some songs along the lines of Red River to go towards that end, I'm in no doubt that a Dos Colitas Impresionante Mudcrutch is very likely to be the album of 2015. or 16. Who knows? All I know is I long to hear it.

^^I agree, great story! I only went to one Troubadour show, but I will always remember it. It would be so cool if Mudcrutch tours again.

I saw Mudcrutch when they toured ( how many years has that been? 7 or 8?) and it was absolutely way up there on my favorite show list, along with the Vic shows. : ) I'd love it if they toured again.

It was 2008, Barb. :)