Sign in to follow this  
Sweet Little Queen

Get Ready For Tom Petty: Exclusive Interview Airs July 17

Tom-Petty-620_zpsc4779185.jpg

Last week, Jian travelled to L.A. to tape an exclusive feature interview with American singer/songwriter Tom Petty. It's a candid, wide-ranging conversation about Petty's early years, his biggest hits and where he goes from here.

The radio version of the interview is set to air on Q next week -- Thursday, July 17 -- in a two-part special. Thursday night, the video version will be broadcast on CBC's flagship news show, The National.
http://www.cbc.ca/q/blog/2014/07/11/tom-petty-teaser/

Video 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jer-pWMtsi4#t=39

Jian Ghomeshi, who is doing the interview for "Q", is one of my fave interviews. One of his most famous interviews was with a very grumpy Billy Bob Thornton, years ago....and Tom Petty's name came up in that interview. It was a good "blow up" and Jian handled himself well while Billy Bob acted like a jerk.

Google Billy Bob Thornton interview Jian Ghomeshi.

Download or stream it now:

Q exclusive: American singer/songwriter Tom Petty 07/17/2014

Q devotes its full show to American singer/songwriter Tom Petty. The rock and roll icon joins Jian for a candid conversation where he talks about his early days, his big hits and his forthcoming album with The Heartbreakers, Hypnotic Eye.

Download Q exclusive: American singer/songwriter Tom Petty 07/17/2014
[mp3 file: runs 01:17:52]

Download or stream it now:

Q exclusive: American singer/songwriter Tom Petty 07/17/2014

Q devotes its full show to American singer/songwriter Tom Petty. The rock and roll icon joins Jian for a candid conversation where he talks about his early days, his big hits and his forthcoming album with The Heartbreakers, Hypnotic Eye.

Download Q exclusive: American singer/songwriter Tom Petty 07/17/2014

[mp3 file: runs 01:17:52]

Thank you for link!

Thanks for posting the link to download the inteview.  I downloaded it this morning and burned it to a CD.  I listened to it on my work commute today.  Great interview!  The interviewer knew his stuff and did a good job with the questions.  Tom was pretty candid.  I liked it!

I checked again this morning and all I'm finding on the site is 2 short clips of the video interview. I guess they aren't showing the complete video yet, online anyway. BUT, the complete audio interview is available without getting it in 3 parts. It's listed above, but lets try again:

http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/podcasts/qpodcast_20140717_91790.mp3

Wow, yeah.. this is the man I've come to respect and dig line few others! TP sure have outdone himself, seemingly, in doing the media circuit lately, selling Hypnotic Eye in good spirit. But as much as I - as always - find myself wondering about certain stuff in the pitch (like the almost cued lines about how much this is the Heartbreakers 70s, when to me that turn out to be at the most half it's charm, and how it is straight through intense rock when I hear ballads, blues and even supreme jazz for better or worse.. mostly better :) ) I melt and just dig the awesomeness of everything else this man says. Very, very poignant and oh, so true. I simply love the words and ideals formulated by this man and so many words of wisdom in so many channels as lately have been the case is a rare thing. Even in the history of this man'/band's career. Go Tom!! Go real hard!!