fanfan

Tom Petty's Hypnotic Eye on Blu-Ray Audio

After Hypnotic Eye comes out on Blu-Ray as well - can anyone share the experiences with the Mojo Blu-Ray?

- How did you like it?

- Did you play it often?

- Were there any kind of videos or animations running during the music making it fun to look at the screen as well?

- Were there any extras in addition to "just" the album on it?

- Did the Blu-Ray contain the files in flac format or a download code for the album?

Might help to decide about buying it or not.

! After Tom Petty is a great fan of highest audio quality and seems to want to encourage fans to buy the 2LP-edition by adding another song to that, it would be a HUGE LET-DOWN if that bonus song isn't at least also on the Blu-Ray edition !

Good questions. I don't see myself ever owning a bluray player. I have gone all digital for the most part. Would Hypnotic Eye on vinyl, however.

Yes. I'll get it on vinyl and CD... but I can't picture myself owning a Blu-Ray player. Unless you have a top of the line TV and a great stereo system, I don't think there's much difference except price! LOL!

I don't use my TV or DVD player. I just watch on my laptop. However, unless it's a film (which I've most likely already seen) that I just got on DVD like The Hobbit, The Avengers, etc, I'd watch it on the TV too just to enjoy it again.

- How did you like it?

- Did you play it often?

- Were there any kind of videos or animations running during the music making it fun to look at the screen as well?

- Were there any extras in addition to "just" the album on it?

- Did the Blu-Ray contain the files in flac format or a download code for the album?

- I absolutely love it. The 5.1 mix is very sophisticated and there are so many more layers you can hear within the songs 

- Not often enough, I've got two little kids around the house, Can't turn it up loud enough...  :mellow:

- Not really, the animations are minimalistic, the focus is on the music. There are some clips from the recording sessions while the menus are running. Everything else is basically just Mojo artwork and song info.

- No extras

- There was a download code for mp3 files enclosed, I''m not sure about flac files, I didn't download it since I already had the CD when I bought it.

I'm going to buy the new BluRay. Ryan Ulyate's 5.1 mix is just too good, I just can't not buy it.