Mudcrutch

Photo of the Day Part III

2 minutes ago, chimera said:

Okay so on page eight, with the montage of photos - does it include an actual photo which shows Mike jumping off the drum riser?!  I am SHOOK as they say these days.  For his high-flying cohort to resort to such stunts is normal but Mike?! ?!? :lol:

Must have wanted to show folks it wasn't only Pete Townshend doing it ;)

Here's my third (and final, unfortunately) tour program, from 1983. Is that a Confederate flag on the cover? 

(Unfortunately, I have no more scientists hiding in dumpsters, and I really ought to stop with this joke before everyone gets sick of me. So instead, here's something I made a few years ago.) 

vmBuAHz.jpg

XZLgewU.jpg

k3IBn9W.jpg

MwLCu4W.jpg

qefeViD.jpg

uIk9X3P.jpg

20S7NaJ.jpg

K3OoWiC.jpg

Ln2kGj0.jpg

nIEHGN1.jpg

C7QrGfs.jpg

JORNHRb.jpg

BQy4lN6.jpg

troCAni.jpg

B8iGWkH.jpg

U18Bw8m.jpg

JoU1krQ.jpg

eJMUNQ1.jpg

It looks like they're all pretending to have a footrace or something in that photo session.  Tom looks like he's about to run around the others or run right into the photographer.  That was the period in which Tom and Mike wore the same shoes.  I like to imagine what kind of conversation they had to facilitate that. :lol:

Well, yeah, looks like it.  More importantly,  within a couple of years he'd regretted & apologized for using it. And stopped mid-flow in concerts to tell people not to bring them.  And voluntarily returned years later by asking Rolling Stone to interview him about the topic.  

20 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

Here's my third (and final, unfortunately) tour program, from 1983. Is that a Confederate flag on the cover? 

Fair enough? A positive outcome?  I feel we can accept that he was an active member of a civilized community who cared about social justice.  Well, I certainly can.  ;)