Mudcrutch

Photo of the Day Part III

On 8/14/2018 at 10:35 AM, nobodyinparticular said:

RyJHwiu.png

I really really really really want more photos from this particular session.  I have a few but I think they're actually screencaps from RDAD.  What I wonder is if this was the original photo session for Terminal Romance.

Lovely to see you Chimera and Shelter, I was just about to comment the other day how I haven't seen my favourite Stan-Fan and Artiste. ❤️ 

I am always geared to see more from a photoshoot, this one made me think of the below picture, but it's not the same photoshoot, the shirt isn't the only giveaway. 

Something tells me people loved to shoot them in red. 

damn%202_zpsltibecx7.jpg

10 minutes ago, chimera said:

I don't know as far as comics but that's kind of the plot of Neil Gaiman's American Gods.

Funny aside, Gaiman is one of my sister's favourite authors alongside Pratchett (So Bad Omens is therefore her favourite book) She was able to get both authors to sign her book for her, Gaiman is really quite a fun gentleman. Although I find it so unfair that after he won a literary award for his work on Sandman they removed Comics from being considered. 

I'm working on the concept art today :D 

5 hours ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

Funny aside, Gaiman is one of my sister's favourite authors alongside Pratchett (So Bad Omens is therefore her favourite book) She was able to get both authors to sign her book for her, Gaiman is really quite a fun gentleman. Although I find it so unfair that after he won a literary award for his work on Sandman they removed Comics from being considered. 

• calling them "graphic novels" vs "comics" ... i hear it can get quite tense

oh, ok, I assumed the ones of TP with the heart logo painted on his chest & a nubbly gray jacket were from the Annie L / Terminal Romance photo shoot.  Uh, anyone know when those were taken & for what reason?  :)

I had to do some searching but the red-background picture I posted came from the liner notes of a 2002(?) CD reissue of You're Gonna Get It! It only listed the photographer for the actual cover image though.

I think the heart tattoo picture was Annie L, but a different session from the Terminal Romance one.

31 minutes ago, nobodyinparticular said:

I blame video games. 

URrBl9S.jpg

What is this face even?

OKAY here you go, it wasn't the Western speech about the two claim-diggers ... 

Western_zps2cxo4t7m.jpg

Most likely it WAS that he holds nothing against the people who dragged him down into the murky depths of the Audience 

cute2_zpsrjmgz3b1.jpg

ONE of my favouritist all time love interviews (nicotine stains on teeth ❤️ just great all around) 

And I have some good face screenshots as well :)

blue%20coat_zpsxurlxzor.jpg

In these portraits - which I think are all from the same session - I am amused by how everyone is kind of rugged and scruffy and then Tom is lit to look almost otherworldly.  It's, like, these are MEN, okay? and then suddenly but this guy... *angelic choir*

Mike portrait.jpg

Stan portrait.jpg

Benmont portrait.jpg

Ron portrait.jpg

Tom portrait.jpg

"We get some pretty weird letters sometimes," says Petty during yet another rehearsal break. "One we got was from this kid who hitchhiked to one of our concerts and the guy who picked him up almost raped his girlfriend. Another kid wanted two tickets to one of our shows because he was dying in a couple of weeks. We tried to check that one out, but it didn't seem too authentic. The letters are either weird like that, or they want to know why Benmont always looks so angry."
Petty bursts out laughing and it appears an opportune moment to ask keyboardist Benmont Tench why does he always look so angry?
"You aren't really going to ask that, are you?" growls Tench, looking so angry that he immediately leaps ten spots to second place (just behind Johnny Rotten) on the All-Time List Of Guys Who Make Interviewers Feel Stupid.

30 minutes ago, nobodyinparticular said:

Maybe the others went jogging, but Tom didn't because of his knee?

Reminds me of the actor James Garner who had knee injuries, but in his show, Rockford Files, they still would have shots of him running. It was sad, they should have found a way around it. Knees are easy to injure : ( 

By the way ANGELIC CHOIR ... 

I love Tom's sweat.

10 minutes ago, nobodyinparticular said:

"We get some pretty weird letters sometimes," says Petty during yet another rehearsal break. "One we got was from this kid who hitchhiked to one of our concerts and the guy who picked him up almost raped his girlfriend. Another kid wanted two tickets to one of our shows because he was dying in a couple of weeks. We tried to check that one out, but it didn't seem too authentic. The letters are either weird like that, or they want to know why Benmont always looks so angry."
Petty bursts out laughing and it appears an opportune moment to ask keyboardist Benmont Tench why does he always look so angry?
"You aren't really going to ask that, are you?" growls Tench, looking so angry that he immediately leaps ten spots to second place (just behind Johnny Rotten) on the All-Time List Of Guys Who Make Interviewers Feel Stupid.

where this from? 

btw I love John Lydon (he was on Judge Judy)