Mudcrutch

Photo of the Day Part III

Tommy? Tommy's 5'9" I coulda sworn on the seventh son of  a seventh son... not that an inch is a big deal, but I stand by my knowledge.

Tom happens to have his foot between Mike's feet, not stepping on them, and it's possible he wasn't wearing underclothes... 

Thin men appear to be taller because of their build ... 

Nobody here, she's always full of answers ... if she were a coffee it'd be chock full o'nuts ;)

12 minutes ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

Everyone loses height, or it fluctuates or the scale's off whatever whatever. 

Posture, too. Because of my condition, I tend to flex forward a bit when I'm walking, making me a few inches shorter. It's something I've consciously been trying to avoid.

10 minutes ago, twisterseal said:

Tom looked good, front and back views.....and especially in the jeans.   I liked him in the bandana too.....I like the youtube video of 

Runnin' Down a Dream from 1991 - from the Take the Highway tour....I think he looked the best in that video.....coolest looking man I ever saw

Now I have to go sort through my video collection and see if I can find that ... or if I can't might have to go searching youtube eh? 

The best ... those are hard promises right there

The smile at 3:57 is the greatest and around 3:45 where he walks at the edge of the stage....4:10 is good ....and 4:19 is my favorite part.....and 4:33 where he puts

the guitar over his shoulder.....best video of Tom Petty in my opinion.....greatest performance I've seen on youtube right there...wish it would be out on DVD

Great photos!  ;)

More thoughts about Mike's height - If we factor in his hair I'd say he's been taller at some times than at others.  Some images where Mike's hair could have its own passport - but still, it's not like they're an 80's hair band. 

I've seen TP described as wiry, skinny, lanky ... "slouchy" - that's a new one!! A fast metabolism & an active lifestyle, maybe, burning up all the calories he was eating?  Or too busy to eat in his earlier days? 

Yeah, he fucked up a knee in a trampoline accident (though I'm not sure if that caused the injury or just aggravated an existing one okay I checked and it looks like it caused it). I think he was also having trouble with that knee in recent years, though I might be misremembering. It's one of the main weight-bearing joints.

those are great photos!  I think Tom had knee problems cause if you watch his videos from his entire career, he sort of bends his knees like he's sitting in a chair...that puts enormous pressure on the knees....along with always stomping his feet to the beat of the music - which I believe caused an arthritic foot.

Heeeey y’all can’t have this conversation without me 😉 I know stuff too.

thaaaaaaank yooou for pics/vid

Trampoline, swimming and general running about was Tom’s regiment, any and all of which are hard on joints. Dancing, jumping, and falling on stage is hard on a body too ... Tom is my energetic fool 

I have the pictures you seek but out and about right now - so later as usual