Mudcrutch

Photo of the Day Part III

14 hours ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

LOVE that expression, and would have loved to hear Tom play an entire album of Rockabilly! 

My favourite picture of the day (say my brown paper package with string) So I know all y'all have seen it no doubt, but I loves it. (feeling goofy as I'm drinking oreo coffee) 

man.thumb.jpg.8d164c8db99b2ea949869f0c8fee3e07.jpg

I like that picture

This is the William "Red" Slater and an unnamed cat. He's the one who also lived at Mudcrutch Farm with Mike Campbell & drummer Randall Marsh and took most of the black & white photos of the guys from that time.  It's in an article from Slater's old university. 

image.jpeg

Haha twister seal , I may have wondered about that cool hair too...

sun streaks over natural blonde? especially when they were young and poor in Gainesville? (Never see roots or regrowth so maybe it was magic.) They were being refused service just for having long hair at truck stops in Florida - so buying hair dye may have had them drummed right out of town by the straights / judgemental folks

& a member of the straightest hair in the world club?

2 hours ago, twisterseal said:

such great photos.   Tom's hair was always different colors.  I wonder what his natural hair color was.   He was the coolest guy.   Thanks for all these photos.

Hair colour and eye colour can change due to many contributing factors - and it's just my opinion not personal knowledge that Tom didn't put highlights in his hair, but rather the sun did, he was always out in it. His natural hair colour is blonde - but take a look at this quick snippet from Wikipedia, "Children born with some hair colors may find it gradually darkens as they grow. Many blond, light brown, or red haired infants experience this. This is caused by genes being turned off and on during early childhood and puberty. Changes  in hair color typically occur naturally as people age, eventually turning the hair gray and then white."

Also, being poor isn't a bad thing, or something to be sad about, it means you just had different experiences and sometimes I feel my poverty has given me a richer life, with more interesting stories. 

I don't worry about the hows and whys, I just dig Tom.

Yeah I agree too with ALL of the above... about hair, lack of money, life experiences, hat wearing.

Not having much money at times means people gotta be making lots of little decisions along the way (always a good skill to develop) that trust fund babies (at other end of spectrum) don't even consider or maybe even realise exist.  Look at Gram Parsons, also from Florida, inherited so much money, which maybe contributed to him making some decisions that contributed to his short life.  Like being able to stop recording & fly to France and party with Rolling Stones until being told to leave - because he was a bad influence on Kieth Richards!!  Side note: Gram Parson's grandparents were owning orange orchards & juice factories in Florida at time when the Petty grandparents were working as fruit pickers.  

Love Ron laughing along with Tom & the Hat. Hats have such personalities / character, don't they? Can't just grab any hat to wear!