Mudcrutch

Photo of the Day Part III

6 minutes ago, chimera said:

It's like someone suggested, "Hey. what if Mudcrutch looked like The Greasers from The Outsiders?"  I love how Mike's hair is barely contained by such a styling strategy.

HAHA I can just see it now, someone suggests it, perhaps as a joke, then everyone gets behind it just to have fun and of course someone had to memorialize it with a photograph. Who knows, one of those things that came back to haunt them later 😅 

In the "outsiders" photo Mike's hair looks like it's maybe sorta dampened down but still as voofy (having volume) as ever!

Hahaha about embarrassing old photos.  Like they said imagine their horror when they saw the early footage for songs like Refugee being played endlessly on MTV as official videos.  (Tho I heart Refugee.  They nailed it!)

Um, I've seen the picnic photo elsewhere online but (again the eye for detail - it's my heritage from my grandpa) - it's probably the same one since it also has exactly the same little strip of another photo running along the top edge.   

23969583_150377162250895_3568427342558658560_n.jpg

23823645_1482318398519038_1149288928642072576_n.jpg

Oh MY G-d I do not have coffee table book. O_o must seek this out. 

I LOVE Tom's sense of fashion, it's just Bum Chic ;) 

In fact I adore his blue Adidas, two pairs of his Nikes, and wish I had slouch boots, and would be happy if I looked good in a pair of platform gator boots. 

You know I should make a site, if only for myself, of all the photos posted here, so that I don't repost. 

2018-07-10.jpg.acac5467ba29d0e922c865d27d8aa4e3.jpg

6 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

There's used copies available on Amazon, though a bit pricey. Or you can just get the Kindle version for four dollars - you don't actually need a Kindle to read it.

I'll have to check that out, because my pockets are far from deep, that Kindle sounds like the version for me! 

Funny enough, a story about $4.00. My sister is a Starbucks person, and the other day I saw they had a reusable water bottle for sale for $4.00, what a deal thought I. 
Then, the employees told me about this high-tech water bottle that comes apart so you can put ice in it, has a locking lid for travel and carries 32oz on sale for more than half-price at $10.00 ... well I had to get it, the employees themselves said the $4.00 wasn't worth the money. 

I don't know why I shared that, I just did. 

traveling-wilburys-photography-1280-750px.thumb.jpg.224b8a3cacef9e7edf8da9d453f3c18f.jpg

I had another one of those moments where I thought, "Why did I never notice that before?"  but maybe it was the other "picnic" photo which triggered it.  There's that sequence of Runnin' Down A Dream about Mudcrutch and I knew there was at least one photo of the Mudcrutch-Road Turkey family picnic (the one on the cover of Music Everywhere) but I didn't realize there's also actual home movie footage of it in the movie because this smacked me in the face.

Tom and Stan.  And it cracked me up, like, yeah they're acquainted, but only just.

Tom and Stan family picnic.jpg

1 hour ago, chimera said:

I had another one of those moments where I thought, "Why did I never notice that before?"  but maybe it was the other "picnic" photo which triggered it.  There's that sequence of Runnin' Down A Dream about Mudcrutch and I knew there was at least one photo of the Mudcrutch-Road Turkey family picnic (the one on the cover of Music Everywhere) but I didn't realize there's also actual home movie footage of it in the movie because this smacked me in the face.

Tom and Stan.  And it cracked me up, like, yeah they're acquainted, but only just.

Tom and Stan family picnic.jpg

I could watch this footage over and again 'til the end of time... ❤️ all the old home movie footage of mudcrutch, the farm and especially Tom (mullet and trailer ❤️❤️ ) 

23 minutes ago, nurktwin said:

There's only 1 way to drink coffee, and that's strong and black with a shot of whiskey in it!!!!!!! Don't play with sugar and cream, that will kill you!

I'm funny that way, at least it's premade iced-coffee, I'm more at home with iced-tea or Coca-Cola. 

While my sister is a self-confessed Slave to the Grind Starbucks dark black coffee, very hot, no whisky, ever since she was 12. 

Every thing gonna kill ya' just make sure y'have fun in between. 

ChJxqUyUoAAhIcB.thumb.jpg.884b533096d130df28bb8c1c63c88e27.jpg