Mudcrutch

Photo of the Day Part III

HOLY CRAP ON A PITA!!! 

Today, for the first time, all the broken Photobucket links have suddenly reappeared! TOMMY PICTURES GALORE *pleasure overload* 

I was coming here to post something and now my memory banks have been cleared X__x *zap* 

Yeah, you know one of my downfalls, I'm a lifelong Tom Petty fan girl, bobbysoxer, teenie bopper 🤪

Anyhow I'm sitting here on my laptop wishing I had my hard drive so I could post my own special scans, for now y'all get the mobile Tom version (it's like the take home version of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers game as your consolation prize *Spanish Flea playing in background*) 

Muddy Love ❤️ 

Mudcrutch Goobers

On 6/13/2018 at 6:47 PM, MuddyandMagnolia said:

By the by if anyone has this image WITHOUT the watermark, I would be eternally grateful, yes I would even pay ^_^ I am that kind of person. 

341081628_DHUW11151.thumb.JPG.45372baf8fe042a5237419b8335b01d3.JPG

The Photographer has a homepage. She is also selling prints. You could just ask her 🙂

3 hours ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

HOLY CRAP ON A PITA!!! 

Today, for the first time, all the broken Photobucket links have suddenly reappeared! TOMMY PICTURES GALORE *pleasure overload* 

In case the pictures go down again, look up Photobucket Embed Fix. Chrome extension that I use. There's also a Firefox extension but I haven't gotten around to reinstalling Firefox yet.

4 hours ago, Thelonious said:

The Photographer has a homepage. She is also selling prints. You could just ask her 🙂

Well Sugar Honey Iced Tea, why didn't I think about that? I sure do feel dumb haha ... thank you Thelonious, I am now putting on the dunce cap and will be in the corner if anyone needs me. 

😁

1 hour ago, nobodyinparticular said:

In case the pictures go down again, look up Photobucket Embed Fix. Chrome extension that I use. There's also a Firefox extension but I haven't gotten around to reinstalling Firefox yet.

Well lookit all the helpful people in here today, it has been very educational. This is SO NEAT!! 

Now I need to prove to y'all that I really ain't that dumb. 

Hi everyone - or what about this one... Take a look - are those corduroy pants?:):) 

It's the same photo but in colour.  It's from the original article published in New Wave Rock in Feb 1979, which is part of the wonderful resource Petty Archives. 

PS I hope it attaches ok (my first time using your forum).  If not, I'll try again.

;)

photo from article in 1979 New Wave Rock.pdf

On 5/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, MuddyandMagnolia said:

Thank you, SG (well I know you said you have it, but I love the mention) 

Your post resonates so much with  me, I too have a wall, but they're all Tom pinups, pictures etc. and I often call him a Goober, it just fits doesn't it? I wanted to say though that your wall sounds so warm and inspiring, something that just makes you smile instantly, does it help with your art (what sort of art do you do?) 

Tom's expressions and sense of humour keep me alive, so these pictures everyone shares means a lot. 

So keep posting. 

TxrEMqamEe8.jpg

Hey hey! Oh I LOVE that shocked Tom with the Ricky - that is a hoot! Yep the "Goober Wall" does help me in the art studio... it helps to lessen the pressure to do or achieve and just let the muse in & see what it brings. I've got everybody on that wall from John Lee Hooker and Buddy Guy, Tom, Mike, Emo Phillips, Picasso and George Vanderbilt (he built the Biltmore House in Asheville NC and was so rich - but he was a major Goober too.)  Look here, this is part of the Wall bulletin board: Tom top right, Mike top center, on the top right George Vanderbilt acting like a goober while his friends pose properly.  Bottom row, left: John Lee Hooker who has obviously said something to set Buddy Guy into fits of laughter, dear Emo Phillips who is one of my favorite comedians, Emo again bottom right with my friend Teresa, and in the middle on the right is John Singer Sargent, my favorite portrait artist of all time who played piano when he was trying to stir the muse to paint... and ole JSS was a goober too! Gotta love it. Enjoy!

GooberWall3.jpg

22 hours ago, Szafira said:

I have only a smaller size.

2HDBW.jpg

9 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

Hi everyone - or what about this one... Take a look - are those corduroy pants?:):) 

It's the same photo but in colour.  It's from the original article published in New Wave Rock in Feb 1979, which is part of the wonderful resource Petty Archives. 

PS I hope it attaches ok (my first time using your forum).  If not, I'll try again.

;)

photo from article in 1979 New Wave Rock.pdf

DAGNABBIT HOT DOG! BLUE, Szafira (teach me all how to speak that later) YOU ARE ROCKSTARS!! 

Lemme tell you why, Ebet was going to charge me $300.00 for an 8x10 copy, she doesn't do digital without a similar watermark - yeah my art hasn't taken off so well where I could afford such a luxury and if any of you Goober Gals and Guys want a 30x40 print - $3000.00 pocket change. 

In fact Blue you've done one better, it ain't the same photo, I'm pretty sure those are blue jeans but my eyes ain't that great haha ... AND you reminded me I have to post my own magazine scans at the archives if they don't already have them ... hm, in fact I should dedicate a day to it ... but I digress. 

By the way Blue, the photo attached perfectly fine in .PDF form, VENI VIDI ARRIPUI  (I came, I saw, I took) 

bye.thumb.JPG.bf0f740823a5ab046e8b251b1be6bfa0.JPG❤️ TTFN

1 hour ago, SG said:

Hey hey! Oh I LOVE that shocked Tom with the Ricky - that is a hoot! Yep the "Goober Wall" does help me in the art studio... it helps to lessen the pressure to do or achieve and just let the muse in & see what it brings. I've got everybody on that wall from John Lee Hooker and Buddy Guy, Tom, Mike, Emo Phillips, Picasso and George Vanderbilt (he built the Biltmore House in Asheville NC and was so rich - but he was a major Goober too.)  Look here, this is part of the Wall bulletin board: Tom top right, Mike top center, on the top right George Vanderbilt acting like a goober while his friends pose properly.  Bottom row, left: John Lee Hooker who has obviously said something to set Buddy Guy into fits of laughter, dear Emo Phillips who is one of my favorite comedians, Emo again bottom right with my friend Teresa, and in the middle on the right is John Singer Sargent, my favorite portrait artist of all time who played piano when he was trying to stir the muse to paint... and ole JSS was a goober too! Gotta love it. Enjoy!

GooberWall3.jpg

HAHA I LOVE IT!! You've made my day! Makes me crave boiled peanuts ;)

I am addicted to pictures, so I love meeting someone who seems to collect the same. I would love to send you a Goober picture of Steve Stills, Mr. Louisiana. 

:rolleyes: Yeah alright! Glad you like it too! 

So the reason I'm thinking those might be corduroy pants like in You Wreck Me? If you look on a big screen, there's some detail. There are narrow vertical stripes of light and shade up and down the leg, which is how needle-cord corduroy fabric looks.  By contrast, blue jeans denim has that diagonal weave. So, yeah, for me that looks like our man's wearing needle-cord jeans.

It's nice the photographer can earn that kind of money from their creative work.  I have bought expensive prints from archives before as gifts. But for the purpose of sharing images with others in this kind of context, I think a scanned image is ethically okay - and increases the possibility that someone will maybe see it and then buy a print.  Those high-quality reprints are more for framing on the wall while these are for your pin board (goober board) - or my fridge door - hahaha.  

4 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

:rolleyes: Yeah alright! Glad you like it too! 

So the reason I'm thinking those might be corduroy pants like in You Wreck Me? If you look on a big screen, there's some detail. There are narrow vertical stripes of light and shade up and down the leg, which is how needle-cord corduroy fabric looks.  By contrast, blue jeans denim has that diagonal weave. So, yeah, for me that looks like our man's wearing needle-cord jeans.

It's nice the photographer can earn that kind of money from their creative work.  I have bought expensive prints from archives before as gifts. But for the purpose of sharing images with others in this kind of context, I think a scanned image is ethically okay - and increases the possibility that someone will maybe see it and then buy a print.  Those high-quality reprints are more for framing on the wall while these are for your pin board (goober board) - or my fridge door - hahaha.  

Thank you, I see what you mean now, in my defense I was on my iPhone 6 at the time and said I couldn't really see. ^_^

I agree that an artist should always be paid a fair price for their work, however, like I said, I can't afford a lot of expensive prints, funny enough I have not been able to even get one from the Archive. So, having said that, I appreciate all the artists, photographers, and people here who DON'T mind sharing high quality images of Tom without watermarks. 

Frankly, I'm still paying on my custom Tom Petty artwork ... so no more indulgences for me for awhile! 

(picture later)

MuddyandMagnolia, I forgot to say what kind of art I do... I work in pastels (sticks of wonderful pure color!) and sometimes colored pencils.  Subjects have ranged over the years from landscapes to wildlife, and since 2001 I've been drawing portraits of musicians and their instruments, putting on paper how their music makes me feel.  At local venues I've been able to take photos and create the portraits, and its enabled me to relate to a whole new world of musicians, singers, and art aficionados.  I took some astonishing photos of Mudcrutch at the Ryman, and TPatH at Phillips Arena but haven't had time to work on any portraits from those concerts yet. If life ever settles down I will happily get started!   Now here is a portrait of a very talented young man named John Tice with his beloved Telecaster...

JohnTice.sml..jpg

2 hours ago, SG said:

MuddyandMagnolia, I forgot to say what kind of art I do... I work in pastels (sticks of wonderful pure color!) and sometimes colored pencils.  Subjects have ranged over the years from landscapes to wildlife, and since 2001 I've been drawing portraits of musicians and their instruments, putting on paper how their music makes me feel.  At local venues I've been able to take photos and create the portraits, and its enabled me to relate to a whole new world of musicians, singers, and art aficionados.  I took some astonishing photos of Mudcrutch at the Ryman, and TPatH at Phillips Arena but haven't had time to work on any portraits from those concerts yet. If life ever settles down I will happily get started!   Now here is a portrait of a very talented young man named John Tice with his beloved Telecaster...

JohnTice.sml..jpg

PS SG - PASTELS?! You're very talented, my sister loves to get her hands dirty as she's an art athlete, but me I stay away from pastels and charcoal, as well as paint, oh they are not my mediums ^_^ 

Also Guitar-Aholic? - YES! I can't get enough Guitar-ahol! 

I need a big weekend! Kick up the dust... or kick off the dust, which actually fits me better.  Stress-filled week comes to a close with resolution of some problematic situations.  I think I really need a quiet weekend! Think I'll go put a Mudcrutch CD on the player... meanwhile y'all enjoy this photo I snapped at the Ryman.

Y'all have a good weekend too, ya hear? 

Susan Gardner

Mudcrutch.Tom.sepia.JPG

I've been sittin here in the 'Oh my G-d this is too hot' heat ponderin upon something. 

I have collected my Tom pictures over the years from only a few resources, but I keep hearing about these Petty Archives ... does everyone here believe that that site has every Petty picture my little heart could desire? 

I get the feeling I'm like odd duck out here since I avoided forums for so so many years. 

25 minutes ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

but I keep hearing about these Petty Archives ... does everyone here believe that that site has every Petty picture my little heart could desire? 

The bulk of The Petty Archives is a collection of magazine and newspaper articles going back to the early 1970s. There's sometimes pictures included in the articles (example). 

Liberty also sometimes posts rare pictures on the Facebook page. Link to that's at the bottom of every page.

Don't worry MuddyandMagnolia, no part of life is ever truly wasted.  You've been busy doing other things,  including collecting TP stuff that you love.  I admire that, and I'm sure other people bitten by a collecting-bug do too.  Could it possibly be you've maybe just got a twinge of "stash envy"? This is what I call it when I simultaneously a) love someone's stash / collection, b) admire their collecting efforts, but also c) irrationally wish it all belongs to... me...:D.  It has big outbreaks at collecting fairs, markets, museums so I can be both very happy and very wretched inside.  

So long as I'm aware of my own inner thoughts and I'm behaving in an appropriate way (not breaking into, say, a museum :ph34r: and taking stuff home with me) I think it's all okay.  Maybe those enormously clever Germans have a complex word for this?

Unlike the heat wherever you are, it's cold here though the sun was out today.  

Thank you, you're right, no time is ever wasted, and I was collecting my own small stash of TP stuff which means a lot to me. 

Which then, it goes to follow that I do indeed suffer from Stash Envy! Although it's been part of me for awhile, this is the first time I've been able to put a name to it. 😉 
It, among other things, is what brought me to this forum, so hesitant for so long, I still avoid FB, there are people there who aren't like the great supportive group I've found here.
Now, thanks to this group, I am able to add things to my digital collection, including my favorite high quality images, which I never had in my own collection. ❤️ 

That means ... everyone keep posting their pictures! (help me :(

Because right now, I'm comfortable here, no one brags, goes on about being better than me because they were Tom's personal friends, went to every concert, or met him, (that's another whole envy) HAHA - BTW Big Blue Sky, your museum burglary comment with ninja resonated with me, and made me laugh hard, thank you. 

I appreciate you reading my dork-a-rant. 
Sorry Big Blue Sky, where do you live? My sister and I prefer the cold and stormy weather, and are looking to move out of the desert. 

The German word for it, "Sehnsucht" - The More you Know. 

40.JPG.35234448e6b5f26bbd765729dcb9debb.JPG

These photos are from a photoagency called urban images (www.urbanimages.tv). The captions are a bit off for some of them (says these are at Live Aid - eyeroll).  Anyway, I have a theory... they're in England in 1978 where they are going to be on TV and also play at Knebworth Festival in front of gazillions of people. 

Leaving hotel (photo 1). Walking through the backstage area at Knebworth, with same outfits plus aviator shades (TP) and maybe a different coloured jacket (TD) & then onstage with guitar and top-hat (photo 3).  Okaaay?  My theory is about black t-shirt - see how its bunching up at the neck (photo 4)?  Sure, could be from the normal action of slinging on guitar and jumping around... but how about if ... he's wearing that same Steel Pulse t-shirt back-to-front?  Maybe at the last minute someone  "Hey, do you really want to advertise someone else's band in front of this huge crowd?"... So in swift action solved by taking it off & putting it back on back -to-front with jacket over the top.   (???)

fit=350x1200 fit=350x1200 fit=350x1200 fit=350x1200

I am going to need some time to digest these images, Knebworth is a great weakness of mine and I wish a video of the performance was available 

The see-through body is acrylic, one of the worst you could ever own actually. It's mostly just for show and does absolutely nothing for tone or sustain ... one of the more negative notes, the body is unbelievably heavy, it doesn't look like Tom does, but a well-padded guitar strap is highly recommended if you want to play it standing up ... I can't really see the strap though. Also I don't see him play this often, so in my opinion more of a novelty thing than preferred for sound. BUT no they don't usually get scratched or beaten up easily, no more than any guitar, if you have any love at all for your instrument, you have cases or stands in a climate controlled room. 

As for the outfit, you make me smile, your constant keen eye pointed at our Tom's clothes, what material, style and how they hang on him. It's quite charming really, and I agree, the rest of the wardrobe being the same, I believe that t-shirt is the Steel Pulse, however it could have completely been his idea to turn it inside out and around (he was going to wear the jacket anyhow) - and as noticed in Winterland, looks like the man always had a spare shirt on him (or he got damned lucky that night) He's the kind of guy who would wear backwards and inside out and be completely comfortable.