Mudcrutch

Photo of the Day Part III

LOVE these! Good for a grin any day. I've got a bulletin board in my art studio, fondly called the Goober Wall, where I pin up photos of famous folk showing they can cut up and laugh. And be silly.  I've got that one up already, that MuddyAndMagnolia posted on April 17 of long-haired Tom with his head tilted and eyes wide.  What a hoot!

Thank you, SG (well I know you said you have it, but I love the mention) 

Your post resonates so much with  me, I too have a wall, but they're all Tom pinups, pictures etc. and I often call him a Goober, it just fits doesn't it? I wanted to say though that your wall sounds so warm and inspiring, something that just makes you smile instantly, does it help with your art (what sort of art do you do?) 

Tom's expressions and sense of humour keep me alive, so these pictures everyone shares means a lot. 

So keep posting. 

TxrEMqamEe8.jpg

You can't escape family.jpg

I know y'all have seen this photo before, but the discussion of the video for RDAD made me think of it because Stan is doing the exact same thing in this photo as the cartoon version of himself.  I like to be a bit silly about photos sometimes, so hopefully you'll chuckle along with me.

Benmont: intentional or not, LOL

Mike: Love this man, but his occasional deer-in-the-headlights expressions back then make me snicker and simultaneously want to protect him from this cruel cruel world.

Stevie: I AM SO DAMN HAPPY TO BE IN THIS BAND.

Tom: "For the 1000th time, there are no girls in the Heartbreakers."

1357517983_StevieTPATH.thumb.png.1bad06dc408f00ef533015464b6412ff.png

I f*cking love this Chimera, your lines made me literally laugh out loud. 

Mike is such the introvert, so sweet and he’d love your protection (to think Ron was even more in need of that security from cruelty omg has anyone seen Ron?) 😊

Stan now is the exact opposite, the wild extrovert who knows he’s the cat’s meow. 

Stevie thinks she is a Heartbreaker, while Tommy’s thinking, “Maaaan, this lady’s giving me a rash, I just wanna get to jammin.

3498149F-6EAC-454C-891A-3B0894065AE4.jpeg.66504bad3974145081863225ed7376ff.jpeg

I know, right?! 🤣

And I'm just teasing but I love to study old photos because I think you really can discover moments of their personalities there - like in the one you just posted, it's interesting how Tom and Mike seems to be reacting to something beyond the frame, while Stan, Ron and Ben are doing their job, so to speak.  Ron's sweetness just radiates from him, even when he tries to look tough.  He's not doing it in this photo but I can think of others where it's, like, "Who are you foolin' buddy?"
"

I’m the same way absolutely about studying photos, they’re very expressive guys. I do enjoy how Tom and Mike are focused on something outside of the shot and I could talk about this all day, literally. Be as candid as you like here, at least I don’t mind, I can’t speak for anyone else. 

And a chance to share more pictures is always fun - Benmont got distracted last second...

87C88F2C-735E-468B-B68E-29B0E121BA2C.thumb.jpeg.15996b510a4813bf60c22b6dd6605e32.jpeg

1 minute ago, chimera said:

Oh that's one of my favorite sessions!  Stan's hair was absolutely on point that day.

ON POINT. C'mere I wanna squish you \\O 

Now there's a pic I have to share on that note - I don't have the full image on this computer (if you don't have it I'll post the full pic later ;)

1179772128_TommyandStan.thumb.JPG.959b2565c1c41a109e3d11bea45c9bb6.JPG

Why thank you Shelter, it's nice to be appreciated, I gotta say I never get sick of pictures, even if I've seen 'em before. 

I'm having to work off limited resources as I'm in the middle of moving, I just had to share this. (yes, one is a watermarked image which irks me, I need better resources!) ^_^ lol

IshtAdIpPPQ.thumb.JPG.9101a1517267e31f2ac28ccb9a0496bc.JPGu2.thumb.JPG.89c7d6da231c38de9bad0b5d2006dad9.JPG

I enjoy all the photos.  Thanks so much for posting them.  Some of them I've never seen before.    I don't know if anyone feels the same, but there is something very sexy looking about Tom Petty....very cool and sexy looking and sounding.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:32 PM, MuddyandMagnolia said:

3498149F-6EAC-454C-891A-3B0894065AE4.jpeg.66504bad3974145081863225ed7376ff.jpeg

Pretty sure other pix from this photoshoot are hiding somewhere deep in Farm history... but I couldn't find them...I distinctly remember the outtakes because I loved this photo :)

16 hours ago, twisterseal said:

I enjoy all the photos.  Thanks so much for posting them.  Some of them I've never seen before.    I don't know if anyone feels the same, but there is something very sexy looking about Tom Petty....very cool and sexy looking and sounding.

Tommy is so very beautiful inside and out and always has been. He is the light in the darkness for many many people. He gave us songs and words that will resonate with people for time immemorial. He is exceedingly sexy, his voice is golden and special, just as George Harrison always said. There's no reason to figure out why you believe that. ^_^
He is the f*cking epitome of cool babies, every day I spend time with him. 

2081388490_Mysweetbaboo.thumb.JPG.5fac74375da663c86874eb993d28daf8.JPG

15 hours ago, jawallac said:

Pretty sure other pix from this photoshoot are hiding somewhere deep in Farm history... but I couldn't find them...I distinctly remember the outtakes because I loved this photo :)

I don't know if you are looking for the outtakes, but I know I have a couple. Is there a place this site archives this images that we post here? I know there are at least two 2!!! threads that I've missed. 

7 hours ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

I don't know if you are looking for the outtakes, but I know I have a couple. Is there a place this site archives this images that we post here? I know there are at least two 2!!! threads that I've missed. 

I definitely got them from the farm...8-9 years ago, I think. There were four pictures, plus the one you posted.

8 or 9 years ago, I shouldn't have been such an anti-forum fan 😕 

Now I have to go search high and low for all five images if I don't have them already - I have to put off everything because I'm moving, which sucks. 

Anyhow I want to thank everyone here for posting and appreciating pictures, as I've said it's my favourite subject. :) 

Okay so here's a few others from that previous session by Chris Walter (as I said, one of my favorites).  I know I know who that other person is in the behind-the-scenes shot, I just can't think of their name.  I like to hunt down every photo I can find from a particular session, so I think this is all I have from this one in particular (plus the other one Magnolia posted, of course).  But if there are others, please post! 

All I can say is: MY BOYS. 😍

TPATH Walter one.png

TPATH Walter two.jpg

TPATH Walter three.jpg

TPATH Walter four.jpg

TPATH Walter five.jpg

TPATH Walter six.jpg

TPATH Walter seven.jpg

Chimera - You've done it again, wild applause hails from the stadium in an echoing thunder of non-stop praise. Your captions always brighten my day as well. After three days of hauling heavy furniture up a flight of stairs I needed these! When the humour and personalities come through so strongly even in images, you can tell that the people in those images truly had a strong and beautiful presence. 

Sweet Little Queen - today you are my Diety! 👸 ❤️ I have never seen this picture before. Such a lovely ethereal portrait ... 

Let's see what I can come up with ... mostly mine fall under the category, 'Seen it, but that's a good'un'

146720524_DCJS73971.thumb.JPG.b45b2e48ec3a74aacee0ef6229150589.JPG