Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

Jimmy Fallon doing Tom Petty with Stevie Nicks

Saw this on the Local Stations Facebook page.. Tried to make a funny comment on it but got blasted.

I just said that  "the Gal that Played Stevie Nailed It"..  some guy had to tell me it was her and I was a Moron!

Gotta  love the facebook comments..

I did think they worked out the Video Pretty well..  Benmont even liked it on Twitter

I have to admit, I didn't think it was Stevie either!  You are not alone, Danny!  I thought it sounded like her but didn't look like her at all!  Still, I really enjoyed the video.  It was great!

I have to admit, I didn't think it was Stevie either!  You are not alone, Danny!  I thought it sounded like her but didn't look like her at all!  Still, I really enjoyed the video.  It was great!

It was indeed Stevie.  

I'm a fan of hers, and have continuously followed her career.  Except for the frizzy hair (which she must have done to make herself look more like the young Stevie Nicks), this is what she looks like--and how she sounds--nowadays.  

Her voice is nowhere near the same (though still great), but her sense of harmony is as good or better than ever.

I realize they may not have had permission to use more of her on the Live Antholgoy set, but so far as I'm concerned the best version of "Don't Come Around Here No More"--at least from the Steve Ferrone era--is from 2006 with Stevie.  If they had permission to use it, they should have selected a 2006 performance of that song over the one they did use.  

Her voice fits in so well with The Heartbreakers.  She and Tom should do a co-headlining tour where the Heartbreakers back up each of them -- separately and together.