Mudcrutch

Classic Rock Video of the Day II

On 9/30/2018 at 1:25 AM, nurktwin said:

^   Yeah, don't ya just love videos like this? The Beatles always had camera's on them, even back in the early days of the Cavern Club. Watching these are always a treat, just watching how they worked is amazing. I wish there were videos like these of TPATH working in the studio, the kitchen, the garden or where ever. Hopefully something will surface in the future.

Yes but also no (May I have 2 opinions at once even though they cancel each other out?)

:)Like you all I love love love being able to see / hear these & their explanation of how they got the sound in Damn the Torpedoes.  As a fan, I find it so fascinating to hear musicians noodling around and taking something from chords or an idea to create a finished piece.  Could listen for hours.  I would also imagine this would be valuable info for, say, new musicians working in the studio themselves - being able to benefit from others' experiences.  

:(George Harrison did say they had to try hard to get some privacy because people were always around (though maybe that was about Beatlemania crowds & not life in studio?).  So that might be a negative... Being in studio to create something while feeling watched by cameras might put a dampener on things?  I'm no musician, so I could be completely wrong about this, obviously.  (Don't get me started on "reality" TV programs, although I'm sure most, if not all, of you also feel the same way about them!)  

10/16/18

Something a little different today. This is my friend Phil Keaggy doing a demo for the Roland AC-33 amp. He's playing a guitar made by James Olson from Circle Pines, MN. He had 2 of these guitars made and gave one to Paul McCartney when he visited Paul's home and used one to play at Paul's daughters wedding.

http://olsonguitars.com/