Sign in to follow this  
notatall1234

What book(s) are you reading right now?

^ Yep, thee Joan Rivers, lol. You know she's written a few books and she co-wrote a screenplay. Remember that movie of the week years ago with Stockard Channing, 'The Girl Most Likely To'.

She's actually a very good writer.

Hey, Farmers, wanted to share this new book I am reading. It is called A Freewheelin' Time A Memoir of Greenwich Village in the Sixties by Suze Rotolo. She has come to the Ocean County Library to give a talk and my sister got to go, I could not make it then. My sister said it was so interesting...life in the Village at that time in the 60's. The music scene but also the politics of it all. My sister also got me a book and Suze signed it for me.

I have just started reading it and I am loving how Suze writes. She starts out by talking about her early life...her parents and her learning....I look forward to more reading about this time.

Here is the book....

img986.jpg

img987.jpg

Hey, Farmers, wanted to share this new book I am reading. It is called A Freewheelin' Time A Memoir of Greenwich Village in the Sixties by Suze Rotolo.

img987.jpg

Looks like a book I'd enjoy. Thanks for the recommendation, Beth!

^ have you read Dave Barry Goes to Japan? (I think that's what it's called) Laugh out loud stuff.

I'm reading The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga - it's different & fascinating

^ have you read Dave Barry Goes to Japan? (I think that's what it's called) Laugh out loud stuff.

^ Yes, I have. All of his books are hysterical.

I met Dave Barry in NYC about 15 years ago or so and I just went ga-ga.

I told him I was his biggest fan. He looked at me and said: "no, I've seen bigger". LOL

I had my picture taken with him and I'm just sick that I can't find it anywhere.

I'm reading The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga - it's different & fascinating

^^loved The White Tiger!

just started The Solace of Leaving Early by Haven Kimmel.

WildflowerNJ - I just got finished with Merchant of Venice - Shakespeare can be so powerful - I love the memorable speeches that have such reasonance even today. In the Merchant of Venice I am especially drawn to Portia's discourse on mercy.

In Hamlet I can still recite parts of the witches chant - got caught at work many years ago doing it over the humidifier.