Sign in to follow this  
WreckMeBaby

Fonda #4 -- unreal. SHUT DOWN BY FIRE MARSHALL

It sucks that the Fonda didn't enforce the wristbands that night and people were sneaking down on the floor. Having known what happened I can honestly say I doubt there will be any kind of refund. It's nice that Tom made that statement but come on. How would it be to issue EVERYONE a refund? When in fact, 100 people or so are undeserving of it? That's my opinion anyway.

Posting pics I took before the shut down on my mobile...

Hey, thanks for posting these action photos! Cool to see.. but wow, how unfortunate the evening ended so abruptly. Dang.

Here is a pretty brutal takedown of the Fonda and it's security:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2013/06/tom_petty_fonda_canceled_security_bribed.php?ref=trending&page=2

I tend to agree with what I read. We have been there every night and even made a couple of quips about how bad the security and functionality of the place was. We never thought it would lead to the show being cut short as it was on Saturday night!! It's good to see the blame being placed on the venue that had every power to stop this from happening. It is criminal if they were selling entry to people without a ticket, although I did not witness that myself.

Still, this has been the best 8 days of my life and it will be bittersweet to say goodbye tonight!!!

From Tom's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/tompetty/posts/10151478496000905

TICKET AND PREMIUM PACKAGE REFUND FOR JUNE 8 FONDA THEATRE SHOW

On the evening of Saturday June 8, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers were unable to complete their concert at the Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles due to the Fire Marshal's judgement that the floor at the venue was overcrowded.

The interruption of the show occurred 90 minutes into the performance that would likely have continued for approximately another 30 minutes.

The satisfaction of fans is of paramount importance to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers and the band shares the frustration of the fans in attendance that evening who deserved to experience the entire performance.

As a result, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers and Goldenvoice are pleased to announce that full refunds for the June 8 show are now available at the point of purchase.

We are also pleased to confirm that Ticketmaster has agreed to refund all incurred Ticketmaster fees.

Fans who attended the June 8 show at the Fonda Theatre can request a refund with proof of purchase anytime prior to September 10, 2013.

Original Ticketmaster purchasers can obtain a refund by calling Ticketmaster customer support at 800-653-8000 between 9am–9pm (PST) or by emailing them here: http://ticketmasterus.custhelp.com/app/askNoTabs. Orders will be refunded to the credit card originally used for purchase immediately, but please note that it can take about 7-10 business days to post to your account.

Customers who purchased artist released tickets night of show at the venue must bring back their original ticket stub to the Fonda Theatre beginning Wednesday for a full refund. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, from 9:30am to 5pm.

Premium Package Refund Information For June 8 Fonda Theatre Show:

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers also want to reassure their valued fans who purchased Premium Ticket packages for the June 8 Fonda Theatre show that the full refund policy described above applies to them as well. Fans will still receive the limited edition coasters and commemorative event tickets that were part of the package (if they have not already!), but not the messenger bags, which have not shipped yet. All charges to the fans, including any Ticketmaster service charges, will be fully refunded.

Fans who attended the June 8 show at the Fonda Theatre can request a refund with proof of purchase any time prior to September 10, 2013. Any Premium package buyer who does not request a refund prior to September 10, 2013 will then be shipped their messenger bag.

All Premium packages were sold through Ticketmaster. Original Ticketmaster purchasers can obtain a refund by calling Ticketmaster customer support at 800-653-8000. Orders will be refunded to the credit card originally used for purchase immediately, but please note that it can take about 7-10 business days to post to your account.

What else could they do? I'm mean, really. Most entertainers, if not all, would do the same thing.

I amm not so sure! They had played for over an hour, really they did not have to go to bat to get the refund. TPATH rocks -- they prove time and time again how appreciative they are of the fans!

I have a boot available for this show in flac files. If any of you would like this show drop me a PM and I will send you the link. It's really good!

I really feel for those who lost out. The show was going so well. What a bummer it got cut short.

Awesome news that the 6/8 show is available :). I just PMed you.

Unfortunately, that crowd shot is not from 6/8. Mike didn't use the black Rickenbacker that night because he only uses that on 'Refugee' this tour, and that song was 2 songs away when the fire marshal pulled the plug. That picture also isn't from 6/3 (which I also attended) because Tom had his green army type jacket on that night. So that means this photo is probably 6/4 or 6/6.

(It's not 6/9 or 6/11 because Mike played the Gibson SG on Refugee those nights, meaning the black Rickenbacker was never played).