Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

Where's Nurk?

Oh my Nurk!! Medications can add to the confusion too! Ask my husband about how I am on morphine, LOL! It takes time. He has been through so much. Thanks for the updates.

I'm betting the ICU Psychosis will disappear. My dad just went through something like this (cardiac care, too) and was most definitely very confused while in ICU - it's the noises, the 24-hr activity, plus the medications - you don't get good quality sleep.

Latest report from Tee is Nurk is still pretty confused. I hope he has a better day today. The "WD" took him all the cards that people have sent to him and he liked getting those and remembered everyone so that's good.

Nancy found this link where you can send Nurk a message through the hospital. Volunteers will take him the messages. Choose St. Elizabeth's Health Center.

http://www.hmpartners.org/sendasmile.aspx

My dad just went through something like this (cardiac care, too) and was most definitely very confused while in ICU.

My dad had the same experience after his bypass surgery. I'm so sorry to hear that Nurk is going through this, but I agree with others that it will pass.

Here is the latest update from Tee. They may let him go home in a couple of days! I'm sure he will start feeling lots better once he gets home. There is no place like home.

From Tee:

The update is that they drained fluid off of his lungs today. A liter off of the right lung and three quarters of a liter off of the left. He's already feeling better. They are talking about letting him go in a couple of days. The confusion is a lot better but still comes and goes.

Latest update from Tee. Nurk's brother called her with it. Nurk is home now. The confusion has resolved and now he's just exhausted. His wife is taking a few weeks off to stay with him. His brother said he'll fly back there at some point to give her a break. He also said Nurk is enjoying all of the cards and really appreciates all of us.

Hi everyone, I just got home late last night and was completely exhausted and tired, so I just went to bed and didn't even take any phone calls. Thanks for all your well wishes, cards notes, etc. I'll be going over all the cards again later today, I was pretty much out of it when I read them the 1st time. Not sure when or how often I'll post till I get better, but I'll be here. Thanks everyone, you all mean so much to me!!

Edited by nurktwin