Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

Where's Nurk?

Oh great!That sounds so much better! Nurk, you keep getting stronger we need you back here. It's not the same without you and your infamous government corruption rants! LOL!! Love and miss you!! :heart:

Here is another update from Tee. I loved hearing this!

Here's the update for this evening. They did a test this morning and it indicated that he could go without the bypass machine so they took that off and took the mask off and he immediately started waking up and acknowledging them. They got them to say a few words and laugh a couple times. The pneumonia looks a lot better. They're going to keep him in ICU probably for a couple more days and see how it goes. He told him the whole farm is praying for him and thinking about him and he liked hearing that. I told him I would call again tomorrow evening to get another update. Much better day! Go, Nurky!

Thank you Marion and Tee for keeping us updated on Benny's condition. I'm so happy to hear things are improving.

Benny get well soon!

Here is today's update from Tee. It will make you chuckle. :)

The update for today that he is coming out of it even more. He was in a little bit of pain today so they gave him some medication. But he wanted to lay on his side and they wouldn't let him. So they sort of put him on his side with some pillows, and in true Benny form, when they asked him how that felt, he said well, that didn't fucking do nothing. Haha! Sounds like he is getting a little feisty so that is good. The doctors are optimistic but they said that some patients get to this point of recovery and stay like this for up to a couple of weeks. They are hoping that it won't take that long to get him up and moving.

Sounds like he is the same ol' Benny we have grown to love at the farm! Keep that crotchity attitude and you will be back with us soon. I need a new weekend video with cartoons and commercials......

Here is the latest update from Tee. Please send prayers and good thoughts for Benny!

They have moved him out of ICU and into a room on the cardiac floor. All of numbers are good but he is showing a lot of confusion mentally. They are saying it can be the medications wearing off or just that he is in new surroundings. Yesterday, he was in and out of confusion but today was confused most of the day. They said this affect can last days, weeks or even a month or more. Everything else looks good.

If anyone wants to send cards or goodies, here is the info.

St. Elizabeth's Hospital

1044 Belmont Avenue

Room 6503 A

Youngstown, OH 44504

I will update again tomorrow.

Edited by Marion

Wishing and praying all the best for Nurk.

The last time my mom was in the ICU she had ICU Psychosis with extreme mental confusion, delusions, all kinds of stuff. She said they had a party one night. Another time she kept talking to the corner and saying she was talking to her nurses son who was hidden in her room. She said that she kept seeing her granddaughter, who wasn't in the hospital. One day, my sister visited her and my mom was afraid of her. It lasted for a few days after she left ICU and then she completely came out of it. I hope this is all it is for Benny.